City Ownership

Joga Bonito said:
bluemoonmatt said:
All I ever needed to know about our esteemed mod Damocles, was that he considers those who thought OBL's death was a good thing, to be inhumane. Says it all.

Now that's sad...

Seriously cannot understand how such a poster can hold moderator status on this site.

Im sorry but the deaths of tyrants are a good thing..the painful the better..If im inhumane then so be it..
Eye for an eye and all that...

Damocles said:
Blue Haze said:
After rereading the thread, it really doesn't have to be pulled.

It's more of an embarrassment to this website than something a journalist could actually use. The entire reasoning behind it is a thanks to Mansour's relative by an Italian manager who speaks poor English, which is scant evidence to base a secret ownership pact on. No journalist could print a non sequitur like that and be taken seriously.

If people have an axe to grind against Middle Eastern rulers, it should probably be done without the implication that our owner his hiding something or that Mancini is privy to royal secrets (which he certainly is not.)

It isn't, it was just the thing that prompted this thread. The idea that City are non-officially owned and operated by the Abu Dhabi Government has been around since 31st August 2008. You can go back and check the links and the posts by Chris and Tolm which basically confirm this, but there's always been a suspicion around this.

You cannot confirm ownership by two forum ITK's. Even if it's true, you'll never actually find evidence. You would need records of financial transactions or statements from someone intimately involved in the club's financing or legal team. And you'll not find it.

No low or medium level grunt at the club would even be privy to this.

On a side note, I think the value that City has to UAE is grossly overstated in this thread. It's Mansour's personal hobby that he justifies from a business perspective. If marketing Abu Dhabi was the sole reason for purchasing this club, Mansour could have gotten much better value by purchasing the shirt sponsorships of all the major clubs of Europe for a tiny fraction of the cost he has put into City.

It makes me laugh when I see people saying that City is important to Abu Dhabi. Anyone who works in business knows that the kind of exposure Abu Dhabi is getting for the hundreds of millions invested isn't a very good purchase. The money spent on City is a thimbleful in comparison to their other concerns. I doubt that anyone in Mansour's family honestly takes such a relatively insignificant investment as seriously as we do, they probably just like being involved in European football. He's sunk in the same amount of cash in proportion to his family's wealth that we do when we buy a copy of Football Manager for $40.

80s Shorts said:
Damocles said:
Blue Haze said:

It's more of an embarrassment to this website than something a journalist could actually use. The entire reasoning behind it is a thanks to Mansour's relative by an Italian manager who speaks poor English, which is scant evidence to base a secret ownership pact on. No journalist could print a non sequitur like that and be taken seriously.

If people have an axe to grind against Middle Eastern rulers, it should probably be done without the implication that our owner his hiding something or that Mancini is privy to royal secrets (which he certainly is not.)

It isn't, it was just the thing that prompted this thread. The idea that City are non-officially owned and operated by the Abu Dhabi Government has been around since 31st August 2008. You can go back and check the links and the posts by Chris and Tolm which basically confirm this, but there's always been a suspicion around this.

Idea ? Suspicion ? and Tolm as well.

Deary deary me.

My house is owned by the Cheshire Building Society, but I keep on telling everyone it's mine.

I was at the semi and the final of the Fa Cup and it was the best times ive had supporting City in 45yrs. Im grateful to the owners for letting this happen.

Firstly, it's OWNER, not owners. Singular. Sheikh Mansour owns MCFC 100% using his personal wealth generated from investments.
Secondly, it's funny to me that you give credit to a guy who sits in Abu Dhabi signing cheques, but no credit to the guy who manages the entirety of the footballing side of the business, for the footballing achievements of the business. This sort of logical leap is ridiculous.

Guess who said that!

jrb said:
80s Shorts said:
Damocles said:

Idea ? Suspicion ? and Tolm as well.

Deary deary me.

My house is owned by the Cheshire Building Society, but I keep on telling everyone it's mine.

Blue Haze said:
Damocles said:
Blue Haze said:

You cannot confirm ownership by two forum ITK's. Even if it's true, you'll never actually find evidence. You would need records of financial transactions or statements from someone intimately involved in the club's financing or legal team. And you'll not find it.

No low or medium level grunt at the club would even be privy to this.

On a side note, I think the value that City has to UAE is grossly overstated in this thread. It's Mansour's personal hobby that he justifies from a business perspective. If marketing Abu Dhabi was the sole reason for purchasing this club, Mansour could have gotten much better value by purchasing the shirt sponsorships of all the major clubs of Europe for a tiny fraction of the cost he has put into City.

It makes me laugh when I see people saying that City is important to Abu Dhabi. Anyone who works in business knows that the kind of exposure Abu Dhabi is getting for the hundreds of millions invested isn't a very good purchase. The money spent on City is a thimbleful in comparison to their other concerns. I doubt that anyone in Mansour's family honestly takes such a relatively insignificant investment as seriously as we do, they probably just like being involved in European football. He's sunk in the same amount of cash in proportion to his family's wealth that we do when we buy a copy of Football Manager for $40.

Before referring to me either as a forum ITK or a low level grunt at the club it might have helped if you had read my post (or even my username, which might have been a clue). I understand why you didn't, as it's on about page 14, but since you didn't, you might want to do so as you may then choose to edit your post for a third time.

In relation to the importance of City to the Abu Dhabi ruling family, you might want to reflect on the identity and commercial activity of some of the major sponsors introduced since the takeover, and to consider whether the sort of nation-building which Abu Dhabi is currently involved in is best publicised simply by shirt sponsorship or by visibly taking a mid-ranking team and making them the dominant force in Europe.

Thanks for listening. ;-)

80s Shorts said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Haven't had the time to read every post on this thread but judging from the first half dozen pages and selected others, it is a complete embarrassment in parts.

Complete and utter bed wetting clowns are getting their knickers in a twist because a blue dares to have a completely valid, independent thought about something that was suggested last night.

Personally, having thought, and still thinking, that the fact that Shinawatra was the biggest stain ever on the history of this club, I have few concerns regarding the current owners. I also would have thought that Sheik Mohammed would have some sort of input into the strategy of the purchase at some point, even if it is not in an official manner.

What is a joke and a disgrace though are those clowns who have so little regard for the history of this club and so little about them that they see a legitimate question (and one that is very, very, very unlikely to draw negative repercussions, even if it turned out to have some basis) as something that should never be uttered and should be brushed under the carpet by all blues, lest it turn up something they don't like.

These are probably the same disgraces who "couldn't give a fuck" about Thaksin, the most odious man ever to be involved in English football, being associated with our club because they thought, rather stupidly it turns out, that this bastard might have a chance of leading us to success.

The irony is, lots with that attitude think that not giving a fuck about stuff like that makes them "massive blues". To me, not having any concern for the reputation of the club and what it stands for makes you nothing more than a rag-esque, glory hunting, spineless plastic clown, with no feel for the club and the city.

If Sheik Mohammed was proven to be an integral part of the ownership team, nothing bad is likely to come of it anyway. But to give someone grief for raising the question and bleating on about "the press getting hold of this" is pathetic ostrich stuff.

"Don't tell me, don't ask, I might not like the answer."

LMFAO.

So the gist of your post is that you have few concerns regarding our current owners but those within this thread expressing that same opinion can be termed disgraces.

Sober up ffs.

Can you read?

Get lost Domo u just idiot , y r u posting such kind of shit threads when v r celebrating our best season. Sheikh mansour is great man n am sure he cares man city more than u do . i live in abudhabi n know him better than u . So fuck of go get job . Leave us enjoy our best moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.