City Ownership

Somewhere between versions according to Amnesty et al and S04, I think we have the truth. What that is, I don't know.

Open debate for the win, btw. Unfortunately your screen names give none of you any great level of credibility, so I'm having a hard time believing any of the arguments here would stand up in court. Ho hum, I shall watch with interest anyway. As you were.

Damocles said:
80s Shorts said:
Thankyou S04. I find it reprehensible that a moderator on this forum should use a video such as this to, in his own words "make a point". Maybe he regrets the OP and maybe he should consult better informed people before causing this storm in a rather large teacup.

Hopefully he regrets the posting of this video to "make a point"

Disgusted of Burnage.

You think it's stupid to post a video of an Al-Nayhan violating human rights to make a point that Al-Nayhan's have previously violated people's human rights?

Jesus Christ lad, is it the only way you can make your point?

gap_f/w said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Whilst I've had an ongoing war with Damocles all seAson I feel the abuse he is getting in this thread is pathetic . It's a totally valid observation and this thread has definitely been informative about the clubs ownership and the culture of Abu dhabi.

Thanks to the knowledgeable contributors. I feel the answer to the question posed is in the thread too.

Sorry so many of you had your seasons ruined by it .

I was really looking forward to hearing the gospel according
to Dudsbury Dave in the bar at the Harrow Hotel after our
defining victories at Wembley

However, I did not hear anyone moaning about our
owner, manager team etc - WHY?
Because I was partying round London mate . Is it hard for you to understand that someone who forms opinions about the club he loves can be euphoric at a victory?

goat boy said:
Somewhere between versions according to Amnesty et al and S04, I think we have the truth. What that is, I don't know.

Open debate for the win, btw. Unfortunately your screen names give none of you any great level of credibility, so I'm having a hard time believing any of the arguments here would stand up in court. Ho hum, I shall watch with interest anyway. As you were.

"indeed your honour, the next witness I would like to bring in front of the jury is....GOAT BOY!"

*Cue Total Wipeout theme tune*

JoeMercer'sWay said:
goat boy said:

"indeed your honour, the next witness I would like to bring in front of the jury is....GOAT BOY!"

*Cue Total Wipeout theme tune*

Not bad for you that pal

As you were

Chick Counterfly said:
Jesus Christ lad, is it the only way you can make your point?

I think you're getting the wrong end of the stick. It was a guy who slapped somebody, rather than the full Hostel type thing. The video was heavily edited down from the full Hostel thing, it was from a TV news station, nothing extreme

But let me get back to damocles Q about who has final say..It´s where things get complicated ;)

There was a decision taken, a strategy worked upon that Abu Dhabi would become a player in sports and media..In different ways several of the Al-Nahyan princes aim at this, sometimes they join forces on a certain project.

Sheikh Mansour came up with buying a club, or someone in his close circle anyway..personally I think it was Sheikh Mo of Dubai who failed to buy Liverpool that was the inspiration. Sheikh Mo is his father in law as well.

So there´s both a consensus and an individual effort by Abu Dhabi. It did of course require the blessing of the crownprince of Abu Dhabi (another Sheikh Mo) but he even loaned us Khaldoon who otherwise basically is his right hand man.

So who have the final say in regards to City as we mean it in the UK?, it´s Sheikh Mansour..who many believe might one day become the new crownprince.

A few points come to mind about this post:-

1. We win something for the first time in 35 years, we finish joint second in the PL, so lets find something else to MOAN ABOUT rather than just for once enjoy being happy and positive

2. We cannot make our owners too happy in some ways - they invest £0.5 billion in us, we get success, and we cannot sell the ground out, that must surely piss them off a bit? - it certainly does me

3. We have the press (gutter and broadsheet) regularly writing all sorts of undeserved shit about us, we know they read this forum, so what do we do, we give them more shit to write about us - can see it now "even the moderators of their own forums have got problems with the morals of the club's owners bla bla bla

We have got owners that would do the best Carlsberg ad ever, yet what do we do? To think that Gary Cook wants "Typical City" to disappear - this thread is as "Typical City" as it gets. I can only judge our owners by what they do for our football club, and what they have done is utterly brilliant - shall we have owners like the glazers, is that what good owners do FFS?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.