City Ownership

Damocles said:
80s Shorts said:
Thankyou S04. I find it reprehensible that a moderator on this forum should use a video such as this to, in his own words "make a point". Maybe he regrets the OP and maybe he should consult better informed people before causing this storm in a rather large teacup.

Hopefully he regrets the posting of this video to "make a point"

Disgusted of Burnage.

You think it's stupid to post a video of an Al-Nayhan violating human rights to make a point that Al-Nayhan's have previously violated people's human rights?

S04 explained the background to the video and the lack of connection to our owner and you acknowledged his post in a positive manner. Yet here again you try to justify it posting the video.

S04 said:
So who have the final say in regards to City as we mean it in the UK?, it´s Sheikh Mansour..who many believe might one day become the new crownprince.

Why is this? Isn't the crown prince determined by primogeniture?

I'm not from there, but I'd be interested in hearing why he would be considered for crown prince.

The acquisition of Manchester City by Abu Dhabi investors may be the first of a number of takeovers of Premiership clubs by fabulously rich sheikhs. The City deal was brokered by Amanda Staveley whose financial advisory company PCP Capital Partners has put together several deals for Middle Eastern buyers. The ultimate owners of Manchester City are thought to be the ruling family of Abu Dhabi. Although Sulaiman Al-Fahim is a celebrity businessman and real estate magnate who is rich enough to buy Manchester City in his own right, it is thought that he was really a front man for the Al-Nahyan royal family. Most of the money is being put up by sheikhs in the royal family, in particular the royal chamberlain Sheikh Manosur bin Zayed. He is married to the daughter of Sheikh Mohammed, the ruler of Dubai. Sheikh Mohammed is interested in buying Liverpool through the Dubai International Sovereign Wealth Fund. Other possible targets are Tottenham and Everton who need funding for new stadiums. There are, of course, rules against one person owning more than one club, but the nominal owners could be different members of the ruling family.

Typical City fans moaning again ;)

You've just won the FA Cup, you're in Europe with a great chance to do very well, you could win the Premier League for the first time and you've got an owner with squillions and gazillions of moolah!

While we're stuck in the bog with Coyle, Robbo, Fartside and the other turds. I wouldn't mind some of that glory meself! :D

bwfcchick said:

You've just won the FA Cup, you're in Europe with a great chance to do very well, you could win the Premier League for the first time and you've got an owner with squillions and gazillions of moolah!

While we're stuck in the bog with Coyle, Robbo, Fartside and the other turds. I wouldn't mind some of that glory meself! :D

it's called typical City love

BringBackSwales said:
bwfcchick said:

it's called typical City love

Some things clearly never change cocker! ;)

Sorry to spoil everyone's 'fun' but I think you will find that the particular Mohammed in question is on the board at MCFC and has been for some time.

His name is amongst the six board members in the annual report and is also a member of the board of Etihad.

There are a lot of Sheiks in the Emirates and I presume that as Under-Secretary to the Crown Prince's Court, he probably also gets that honour.

Chill out - Sit back and enjoy the ride - Nothing to see here!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.