City player you most disliked

Danny Mills and Ben Thatcher...disgusted me that those shit houses wore the top.

Disliked Wayne Clark for what appeared his disdain for playing for City and living off his brothers' achievements at Leeds United, he was Wayne Clark, his attributes were arrogance, confidence in his ability matched with laziness, suave affair and general non compliance with City's aspirations.

With you 100% on this one. I hated Allan Clarke more than any other Leeds player so couldn't accept his brother playing for my team. Brought absolutely nothing to the table.
CTID

As long as they are wearing the shirt I'll always support them because the club is bigger than anyone. What I mean is that I always knew Joey Barton was a c*nt, but I supported him because he was worth something on the pitch to us at the time. So it's more about how they've been when they've left and if any lingering doubts I had over their attitude as a player were confirmed. So for that I'll have to go for:
  • Lee Bradbury - mainly because he represented everything that was going wrong with the club at the time. It was pretty fucking awful to watch when he played for us. And he really enjoyed scoring against us once he'd gone, I remember for Palace & did he score twice for Portsmouth too?
  • Paul Walsh - another related to Portsmouth (I mention them because I'm still bitter about how Berkovic, Andy Cole, Distin & David James were important first team players but all allowed to move for low fees or on a free because we openly admitted it was on better terms and wished them good luck)
  • Danny Mills - easy one this. He's never got a good word to say and I think it's more about his relationship with Stuart Pearce rather than the club, but he always seems to take the moral high ground over our takeover. I bet he's Portsmouth fan too...
  • Emmanuel Adebayor - scored for fun but always seemed detached from the club & a bit of a nutter. Did score the winner AGAINST Portsmouth once, but that's not important. Just thought I'd continue the theme.

Interesting how people can have such different opinions. I always liked Edghill, and could never understand the abuse he got from the crowd.
Someone else mentioned Boateng, and I fully agree.

There have always been the boo boys but to be honest, if the player gave their all then it just made me cheer them some more. I was young at the time but Edghill and Nicky Summerbee I remember always got stick (particularly from the Kippax) but I never felt like they disrespected the club or weren't putting in the effort. They were at times just lacking the confidence.

I know a lot of people jumped on his back but I really struggled to have anything other than dislike for Richard Edgehill.

I'm sure he's a great bloke but I thought he was really poor and it pissed me off.
Plus he had a really big head and a normal sized body which was strange!

This is easy for me. Players who were just happy to sit on the bench collecting their high wages (our fault I know but still..) so that includes McMinimum, Mills and Clough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.