City player you most disliked

Danny Mills?

Not a patch on Steve McMinimum.

I detested that scouser more than any other City player ever, and I've seen some garbage since 1967.

He's the only player with enough wasted talent and crap attitude whilst wearing the sky blue shirt to have me leaping out of my seat and royally slagging him off.

He was unique in my eyes. A complete and utter oxygen thief, devoid of any sense of loyalty, picking up his inflated wages and giving us absolutely nothing in return.

God, how I hated that floppy haired twat.

I can remember Danny Mills attitude at the time and certainly since leaving but I can't recall where this attitude stemmed from in the first place. What was the trigger? Please enlighten me Bluemoon.

I can't say that I've ever disliked any City player.

Once they pull on that shirt they are playing for my team and as a fan I give them my support.

Now we've had some shite play for us but thats a horse of a different colour.

However there was a player. I didn't hate him as I couldn't understand the transfer for us to buy him.

Stuart Lee we bought from Stockport in 1979.

What was all that about?

Another disaster purchase by Big Mal (RIP) I'm afraid.

Barton ... Can't remember if if was after the cigar, the Everton kid or the Dabo attack. I wanted him out so much. Couldn't believe that Allardyce was stupid enough to offer money. Surely we were on the verge of firing him.

Barton ... Can't remember if if was after the cigar, the Everton kid or the Dabo attack. I wanted him out so much. Couldn't believe that Allardyce was stupid enough to offer money. Surely we were on the verge of firing him.
His being sent off played a part in two of our greatest comebacks. I can't hate him for that :)

Vassell ??? Strange one to me that
Agree.

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Last edited:

Bizarre for anyone to say they dislike Dickov because he gave 100% when he played. Plus he scored arguably the most important goal in the clubs history. Without his goal we might well have turned out to be another Leeds, Sheff Weds,Forest or Wolves.

Bizarre for anyone to say they dislike Dickov because he gave 100% when he played. Plus he scored arguably the most important goal in the clubs history. Without his goal we might well have turned out to be another Leeds, Sheff Weds,Forest or Wolves.

Totally agree. Anyone who "hated" Paul Dickov is either clinically insane or a rag or both. He was fairly shit imho, but gave 100% every time he played and you could not have asked for more committment and effort.

in terms of players I hated at the time they played, it would have to be McMinimum. But whilst I didn't mind Danny Mills in the earlier part of his City career, he went on to be the most obnoxious and loathesome **** the club has every been associated with. Leached off our club for years whilst sitting on his fat arse and now has the affrontary to slag us off at every opportunity. Wanker is not a strong enough word.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.