City player you most disliked

Are you one of those people who says something controversial so you can get a bit of attention?

Anyone who 'HATES' Dickov after that goal needs to wobble their head.

Also, it wasn't his fault that he wasn't the best striker in the world - he gave 100% in every game as well as buying into the culture of the club and it's fans. Blame City's management staff at the time for why we went to Div 3, not a forward who gave his everything to get us out of there!

Not at all mate, I'm just being honest. It would be easy to say I only ever hated Danny Mills, and loved anyone else who ever pulled on the blue shirt. But I'd be a sheep following the crowd, and that isn't me. I'd rather be honest.

For the record, I hated Dickov way before that goal. There was about 10-12 of us who used to go home and away in that era, and all of us hated Dickov because he was so shit at football. Nothing against him personally, it was just purely down to what a dreadful footballer he was.

His "Never say die attitude" papered over so many flaws in him as a player, and it used to frustrate the hell out of me how so many fans loved him and completely ignored his actual contribution from a footballing point of view.

Same thing happened with Bellamy and Milner. I didn't hate them, but never rated them as footballers, and they were hero's to a huge swathe of City fans. I prefer players like SIlva, Aguero, Yaya, maybe not the workrate of the other 3 mentioned, but so much talent, and that's what I admire more in a player.

Again for the record, that goal at Wembley was one of the best moments of my life! Pre takeover, it was my favourite moment as a City fan without any question. But it doesn't eradicate Dickov scoring 5 goals the season before and us getting relegated...

I personally am not able to hate a player in a blue City shirt its wrong to in my opinion, after they leave then its open season, but to be fare still stuggle to hate a player that played for us.

Nicky Summerbee
Kit Simons
Laurent Charvet
Steve McCuntaman

and more recently Tevez, Kolarov and Yaya.

Only Robbie Fowler.

Scored aginst the rags and ran behind the net goading their fans,strange how he could be on the list.

Nicholas Summerbee, your dad was a gentleman, legend and hero....you were just a cnut.

never understood this..yes he wasnt as talented a player as his dad but ffs, the dogs abuse he used to get when he was playing in front of the Kippax made me cringe and realise that we have some fuckin' diks supporting us. have been far worse players at city and he used to put in a shift..he also played in the team(s) that as a 30 year match going blue were the maddest, happiest, frustrating,proud to be blue times i have ever had, oh and he scored 1 of the 2 goals along with MG that defeated the binrats 2 1 and gave me untold pleasure after years of hell i had to encounter coming from
sintellins....since Clive Wilson goal and 1 0 boxing day 85 i was yearly lahghed at by these roaches, so well done nicky. Never hated any player nor booed any player in blue, it is the managers fault they are picked if shite although can understand the dislike of certain ex players.. Edin Geko is the most irratable for me, i wont be sad to see him go to say the very least.

Scored aginst the rags and ran behind the net goading their fans,strange how he could be on the list.

never understood this..yes he wasnt as talented a player as his dad but ffs, the dogs abuse he used to get when he was playing in front of the Kippax made me cringe and realise that we have some fuckin' diks supporting us. have been far worse players at city and he used to put in a shift..he also played in the team(s) that as a 30 year match going blue were the maddest, happiest, frustrating,proud to be blue times i have ever had, oh and he scored 1 of the 2 goals along with MG that defeated the binrats 2 1 and gave me untold pleasure after years of hell i had to encounter coming from
sintellins....since Clive Wilson goal and 1 0 boxing day 85 i was yearly lahghed at by these roaches, so well done nicky. Never hated any player nor booed any player in blue, it is the managers fault they are picked if shite although can understand the dislike of certain ex players.. Edin Geko is the most irratable for me, i wont be sad to see him go to say the very least.

I'm sure you'll remember what condition Robbie turned up in when he joined our club. He was overweight and out of condition. For the only time in my 40 years watching City we had a player who had to be put on a 'special fitness regime' FFS! He stayed 3ish years and never thought it important to lose the weight. He didnt give a monkey's about our club and I was delighted when he went back to Liverpool.

I'll always remember the Boro game and he took a corner with about 5 minutes to go. My brother said Fowler looks absolutely knackered, and he did. He missed the penalty because he was dead on his feet. A fit Fowler would have put the penalty away.

I'm sure you'll remember what condition Robbie turned up in when he joined our club. He was overweight and out of condition. For the only time in my 40 years watching City we had a player who had to be put on a 'special fitness regime' FFS! He stayed 3ish years and never thought it important to lose the weight. He didnt give a monkey's about our club and I was delighted when he went back to Liverpool.

I'll always remember the Boro game and he took a corner with about 5 minutes to go. My brother said Fowler looks absolutely knackered, and he did. He missed the penalty because he was dead on his feet. A fit Fowler would have put the penalty away.

I hear you brother although not guarenteed to put that penalty away fit or unfit...he had terrible injuries and was having injections at times just to play, now that isnt someone not for the cause surely...again you have to blame the managers that sign these players and decide to either start them in the 11 or bring them on as subs, thats why i would never boo any player for there lack of ability but boo of course the managers choice(s).. also RF may have lost his touch a little over the years but he deffo put a shift in for us and i am gonna get shot for this but so did pointer.. both came off that pitch sweating like knts.. so effort? YES,.. Ability? maybe not.., and the way they celebrated when we scored would suggest they did care..

just an aside, when we went down after drawing with the binrats 2 2 i will always remember pointer imho taking it easy on us that day, the chances he/they had shoulda had us 5 down by half time, so i will give him a break just for that.. the rest is 'IZZZZTOREEEEEEEEEEEEEE LAAAAR.

Now that geko(edin) is another fkin story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.