City player you most disliked

Another Dickov vote.

And the post earlier being the exact reason why. Yes he gave his all. 100% every game. No disputing that. But he was shit at football. A lot of fans lapped that up. First name on the team sheet and all that because of his effort. He would turn a goal kick into a corner and people would act like he scored a hat trick.

End of the day anyone on this board would give their all for city. But I doubt any would improve the team.

Another Dickov vote.

And the post earlier being the exact reason why. Yes he gave his all. 100% every game. No disputing that. But he was shit at football. A lot of fans lapped that up. First name on the team sheet and all that because of his effort. He would turn a goal kick into a corner and people would act like he scored a hat trick.

End of the day anyone on this board would give their all for city. But I doubt any would improve the team.
Not a reason to dislike him though surely?

Robbie Fowler is a nice guy. It was obvious the problem lay with Anelka. I'm obviously appreciative of the goals he scored to keep us in the Premier League but Fowler was more committed to the cause. He did well once Anelka left and losing a yard of pace meant he could hold the ball up and bring others in. I'm convinced he'd have had a far better time with City had he not been playing with Anelka. Typical of Keegan to try and put the two together!

I'd say there's one reason for a dislike of Dickov. His kneeslide celebration when he scored against us for Leicester.

Another Dickov vote.

Is that a reason to dislike him?

I hated Benjani. Had such a shit touch, it's miracle he ever made it in the premier league. I remember him missing a sitter once, possibly Fulham at home. Just after he shoots and the ball inevitably sails a million miles wide he turns around grinning like a Cheshire cat, slimy fucker

Another Dickov vote.

I agree mate, every single fan would run around and try as hard as Dickov. I think that's why he was so popular, because people thought if we had 11 players who tried as hard as Dickov we'd be back in the Premier League.

Whereas the way I looked at it was if we had 11 players as shit as Dickov we'd be playing Sunday League.

I think the idea that you can't dislike someone as long as their trying their best is a bit of a silly point. If your bank manager was incompetent and lost all your money, but he was trying his best, would that be ok? Or your taxi driver couldn't drive, but he really tried to, would that be ok?

Effort is a minimum requirement, if your an absolutely atrocious footballer and get paid 20k a week to run around and try your best, that is called stealing a living!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.