City player you most disliked

Totally agree. Anyone who "hated" Paul Dickov is either clinically insane or a rag or both. He was fairly shit imho, but gave 100% every time he played and you could not have asked for more committment and effort.

in terms of players I hated at the time they played, it would have to be McMinimum. But whilst I didn't mind Danny Mills in the earlier part of his City career, he went on to be the most obnoxious and loathesome **** the club has every been associated with. Leached off our club for years whilst sitting on his fat arse and now has the affrontary to slag us off at every opportunity. Wanker is not a strong enough word.

Not insane, or a Rag. I judge him on the 160 games he played, not just one goal.

He averaged 5 goals a season in the second division as a centre forward. Did it never occur to you at the time that if we had someone who chased less lost causes, but scored more goals, we wouldn't have ended up in the 3rd division in the first place?

People laud Dickov as the player who saved the club. I see him as one who helped put the club on the brink of going out of business because he was so bad at football.

Yes he ran around a lot and worked hard, but my dog could do that, and he's not very good at football either.

Dickov worked hard and tried his best and I respect him for that. But there is not a single other attribute he had which was a positive for the team. A truly diabolical footballer.

Not insane, or a Rag. I judge him on the 160 games he played, not just one goal.

He averaged 5 goals a season in the second division as a centre forward. Did it never occur to you at the time that if we had someone who chased less lost causes, but scored more goals, we wouldn't have ended up in the 3rd division in the first place?

People laud Dickov as the player who saved the club. I see him as one who helped put the club on the brink of going out of business because he was so bad at football.

Yes he ran around a lot and worked hard, but my dog could do that, and he's not very good at football either.

Dickov worked hard and tried his best and I respect him for that. But there is not a single other attribute he had which was a positive for the team. A truly diabolical footballer.
Agreed, for a couple of seaons our biggest attacking threat was when Dickov would try and charge the oppositions keeper down.

Agreed, for a couple of seaons our biggest attacking threat was when Dickov would try and charge the oppositions keeper down.

Totally agree mate. Dickov could be seen as a role model for kids playing in the park, always try your best, work hard. But for other professionals, I don't think there will be many top coaches advising centre forwards to play more like Dickov. He charged around after lots causes, with no hope of winning the ball. It got a lot of cheers from the fans because we had absolutely nothing to cheer in those days. But the fact is, by closing the keeper down and constantly chasing after the ball and closing down the full backs, it meant he was usually dreadfully out of position, and didn't have the energy left to make decent runs, clever movement to create space.

Look at Aguero now, he's probably got the best movement in world football, he knows when to run off the back of the defender, when to hold, when to come short, he's outstanding at it. Fast bursts of movement to create himself space. If he was constantly charging down the keeper and careering after the full back with no chance of winning the ball, he probably wouldn't have the energy to make r=the runs which lead to goals.

So this is the question I'd like to ask City fans - would Aguero be any better a player if he chased more lost causes? Would Dickov have been a better player if he'd chased less lost causes, and improved his movement when we had the ball?

Over the last 5+ years, Dzeko is the player who I have disliked the most.

Kolarov it up there too, tho I love him on City's Youtube channel.

Fernando isn't far behind but that's not really his doing, it's purely because he's shit and yet Pellegrini often picks him ahead of Dinho

Don't disagree about his footballing abilities. But you don't HATE people for trying their hardest but just not being very good do you? HATING a City player for being not very good? That's VERY raggy.

Are you one of those people who says something controversial so you can get a bit of attention?

Anyone who 'HATES' Dickov after that goal needs to wobble their head.

Also, it wasn't his fault that he wasn't the best striker in the world - he gave 100% in every game as well as buying into the culture of the club and it's fans. Blame City's management staff at the time for why we went to Div 3, not a forward who gave his everything to get us out of there!

I didn't like Sylvan Distin after he left us to go and triple his wages at Portsmouth.

Who would have thought they'd be 3 tiers below City, who've won the league twice since....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.