City players who never fulfilled their potential?

Re: City players who never fulfilled there potential?

There have been a few but Steve Mackenzie sticks out for me. He was to be the next best thing in big Mals scheme of things.

Jono76 said:
Clive Allen

I know he was a well respected player before he got to us but he never really got the chance to show us what he could do.

Michael Hughes

Must agree, was properly gutted when he left - thought he would have been great for us if he'd stayed!!

Lee Bradbury

Went to the Burnley game and was convinced we'd signed the player that would fire us to the top - how wrong can you be?!?!?

Tony Coton

If he'd been given the chance to play for England he could have been the No.1 keeper in England for years - then he defected (TRAITOR!!!!!)
I returned from the Burnley game and told my mates we had the next Alan Shearer, a declaration which gets rammed down by throat on a monthly basis.

Pigeonho said:
Jono76 said:
Clive Allen

I know he was a well respected player before he got to us but he never really got the chance to show us what he could do.

Michael Hughes

Must agree, was properly gutted when he left - thought he would have been great for us if he'd stayed!!

Lee Bradbury

Went to the Burnley game and was convinced we'd signed the player that would fire us to the top - how wrong can you be?!?!?

Tony Coton

If he'd been given the chance to play for England he could have been the No.1 keeper in England for years - then he defected (TRAITOR!!!!!)
I returned from the Burnley game and told my mates we had the next Alan Shearer, a declaration which gets rammed down by throat on a monthly basis.

I'm sure you're not the only one, lol!!!

Tony Caton for me (God bless him), needed a couple more seasons with us and was sold to the Gunners too early in his development, he could have been a belter.

The biggest one has to be Robinho if he knuckled down and tried to play football he could have been the best in the world but he want's and easy life of half arsed training piss poor league and to be the big fish in a little pond ,oh i nearly forgot when he finishes his easy training he want's to go down the beach for the rest of the day... What a waste of talent he could have been loved more playing for City than ever in Santos but as i said he want the easy life and not prepared to do any hard work to make himself a better player.
He has surrounding himself with yes men and hanger on's and whats going to happen if he gets a bad injury will santos be able to pay him his wages then as the deal what he is on there now sponser's are paying his wages if he doesn't play i don't think he would get paid HAHA

discopop said:
Tony Caton for me (God bless him), needed a couple more seasons with us and was sold to the Gunners too early in his development, he could have been a belter.
I remember when he played is first game for arsenal against us, and all the kippax were singing,I want to play for england,iwant to play for england.

The Game 77 said:
The biggest one has to be Robinho if he knuckled down and tried to play football he could have been the best in the world but he want's and easy life of half arsed training piss poor league and to be the big fish in a little pond ,oh i nearly forgot when he finishes his easy training he want's to go down the beach for the rest of the day... What a waste of talent he could have been loved more playing for City than ever in Santos but as i said he want the easy life and not prepared to do any hard work to make himself a better player.
He has surrounding himself with yes men and hanger on's and whats going to happen if he gets a bad injury will santos be able to pay him his wages then as the deal what he is on there now sponser's are paying his wages if he doesn't play i don't think he would get paid HAHA
When you sit dowwn and analyse it pound for pound, he has probably been one of the worst signings we've ever made, and I mean financial for the return we got off him. A free kick v Chelsea and a lovely goal v Arsenal don't cost £32m, and you can throw the other 12 goals he got into the mix too. 14 goals, in other words, don't cost £32m. Yes he put us on the map, but I would rather we had never bought him at all to be honest. Can't wait to get him off the books and wipe our hands clean of him.

Pigeonho said:
Most obvious one is the mercenary, Robinho. Fuck him though.
I'd put Lee Bradbury up there, purely because of the fee and reputation he had, plus his debut hat-trick in the friendly v Burnley, (probably the most drunk i've ever been at a City match).
Think Lake is a bit unfair, as it was through no fault of his own.
Lee Croft was another, he looked a world beater when he starred for the England under 15's, but never really cracked it for us. When I seen him in an international tournament I thought, 'what a player, whoever has him is lucky', then I found out it was us who had him! Seemed to take years after that before he made his debut though.

Lee Croft looked like he ate the world by the time he played first team

For me purely on hype it was BWP. Everyone saying how he was such a naturally gifted goalscorer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.