City players who never fulfilled their potential?

Re: City players who never fulfilled there potential?

How about a list of players that did?

Nicky Sumerbee reminds me of Stephen Ireland now in the fact that he was like a bloody YoYo! I think maybe never got out of his fathers shadow :0)

Pembrokeshire Blue said:
Nicky Sumerbee reminds me of Stephen Ireland now in the fact that he was like a bloody YoYo! I think maybe never got out of his fathers shadow :0)

City were the worst club he could have joined as fans always thought of his old man in respect to Nicky.

Terry Cooke

Most obvious one is the mercenary, Robinho. Fuck him though.
I'd put Lee Bradbury up there, purely because of the fee and reputation he had, plus his debut hat-trick in the friendly v Burnley, (probably the most drunk i've ever been at a City match).
Think Lake is a bit unfair, as it was through no fault of his own.
Lee Croft was another, he looked a world beater when he starred for the England under 15's, but never really cracked it for us. When I seen him in an international tournament I thought, 'what a player, whoever has him is lucky', then I found out it was us who had him! Seemed to take years after that before he made his debut though.

Nigal clough
what a waste of money he was,
sat on his arse doing nothing for 14 months
as no bugger else would have him,

Pigeonho said:
I'd put Lee Bradbury up there, purely because of the fee and reputation he had, plus his debut hat-trick in the friendly v Burnley, (probably the most drunk i've ever been at a City match).
Lee Croft was another, he looked a world beater when he starred for the England under 15's, but never really cracked it for us. When I seen him in an international tournament I thought, 'what a player, whoever has him is lucky', then I found out it was us who had him! Seemed to take years after that before he made his debut though.

I don't think Lake is unfair at all - the thread was City players who never fulfilled there (their!) potential....not who did we think was great but turned out to be pants..... arguably Colin Bell didn't fulfil his potential either because at the height of his City career, when he was arguably the best midfielder in the country, England didn't qualify for the World Cup..... thus never taking his skill, pace, energy and all round play to a World Level.... and therefore not fulfilling his potential

I remember the kippax said:
Pigeonho said:

I don't think Lake is unfair at all - the thread was City players who never fulfilled there (their!) potential....not who did we think was great but turned out to be pants..... arguably Colin Bell didn't fulfil his potential either because at the height of his City career, when he was arguably the best midfielder in the country, England didn't qualify for the World Cup..... thus never taking his skill, pace, energy and all round play to a World Level.... and therefore not fulfilling his potential
Fair enough, I looked at it as players who never fulfilled potential through lack of ability, but had a reputation they would be world beaters. In your context though, I agree with Lake.

Clive Allen

I know he was a well respected player before he got to us but he never really got the chance to show us what he could do.

Michael Hughes

Must agree, was properly gutted when he left - thought he would have been great for us if he'd stayed!!

Lee Bradbury

Went to the Burnley game and was convinced we'd signed the player that would fire us to the top - how wrong can you be?!?!?

Tony Coton

If he'd been given the chance to play for England he could have been the No.1 keeper in England for years - then he defected (TRAITOR!!!!!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.