City players who never fulfilled their potential?

Re: City players who never fulfilled there potential?

Pigeonho said:
The Game 77 said:
The biggest one has to be Robinho if he knuckled down and tried to play football he could have been the best in the world but he want's and easy life of half arsed training piss poor league and to be the big fish in a little pond ,oh i nearly forgot when he finishes his easy training he want's to go down the beach for the rest of the day... What a waste of talent he could have been loved more playing for City than ever in Santos but as i said he want the easy life and not prepared to do any hard work to make himself a better player.
He has surrounding himself with yes men and hanger on's and whats going to happen if he gets a bad injury will santos be able to pay him his wages then as the deal what he is on there now sponser's are paying his wages if he doesn't play i don't think he would get paid HAHA
When you sit dowwn and analyse it pound for pound, he has probably been one of the worst signings we've ever made, and I mean financial for the return we got off him. A free kick v Chelsea and a lovely goal v Arsenal don't cost £32m, and you can throw the other 12 goals he got into the mix too. 14 goals, in other words, don't cost £32m. Yes he put us on the map, but I would rather we had never bought him at all to be honest. Can't wait to get him off the books and wipe our hands clean of him.
He's not loved anymore,fuck off robinho,fuck off robinho.

LongsightM13 said:
Clive Wilson
Steve Kinsey

I was gutted when Clive left for Chelsea

Buster Phillips disappointed because he never reached his potential and then there was Steve Daley who never reached his promise.

Used to watch Michael Hughes play for Carrick Rangers before he joined City and was also gutted when he failed to become a world beater.

There was Stephen Elliott a few years ago, loads of hysteria for Pearce to give him a chance on the back of a couple of sub appearances.....looks like Pearce was right on that one

Suppose there's a few, what would Ricky Holden have been like with fewer pies and a bit of pace?

Michael Hughes keeps being mentioned, i remember his debut (apart from the penalty) blowing the Kippax away

Gary Mason even showed occasional touches, David Morley and Nick Fenton both looked pretty assured for teenagers being thrown into the first team too, but all turned out to be well....erm, underwhelming

discopop said:
Tony Caton for me (God bless him), needed a couple more seasons with us and was sold to the Gunners too early in his development, he could have been a belter.

you confused me for a minute. (not difficult i know). i thought you were talking about tony coton until i realised you meant tommy caton lol.

Has to be Stephen Ireland all the money and 1 season wonder glory went to his head.

kippax71 said:
Has to be Stephen Ireland all the money and 1 season wonder glory went to his head.

He did fulfill his potential for 1 season!!! So that counts as fulfilling surely, lol

discopop said:
Tony Caton for me (God bless him), needed a couple more seasons with us and was sold to the Gunners too early in his development, he could have been a belter.

Tommy Caton you mean,

Without a doubt - Paul Lake

And on the larger scale (of fulfilling world class potential - gio)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.