City players who never fulfilled their potential?

Re: City players who never fulfilled there potential?

Academy - Lee Croft.

Non-academy - Nery Castillo. Was really looking forward to watching him, shame.

Swiss Tony said:
I'm gonna say Ade Mike. I remember him being in the sticker album from maybe 97??? as City's up and comming star... never saw him again!!!

I don't remember him,sure you don't mean Leon Mike?

There are too many to mention from the academy but whether any of them really had it or not in the first place is another thing.

Bradley Wright Phillips really springs to mind,was sick of hearing how great he would be.

Barton has really lost his way too but maybe its not too late for him.

pinkwheeltrim said:
Swiss Tony said:
I'm gonna say Ade Mike. I remember him being in the sticker album from maybe 97??? as City's up and comming star... never saw him again!!!

There are too many to mention from the academy but weather any of them really had it or not in the first place is another thing.

Bradley Wright Phillips really springs to mind,was sick of hearing how great he would be.

He defo means Ade Mike, I however thought it was Adie, but thats neither here nor there. One thing I do know though is that he was slow as fuck!

pinkwheeltrim said:
Swiss Tony said:

There are too many to mention from the academy but whether any of them really had it or not in the first place is another thing.

Nope was Adie Mike, big, strong and fast forward..... left in 95 though down to the lower leagues

Pigeonho said:
pinkwheeltrim said:

There are too many to mention from the academy but weather any of them really had it or not in the first place is another thing.

He defo means Ade Mike, I however thought it was Adie, but thats neither here nor there. One thing I do know though is that he was slow as fuck!

Fair enough,really can't remember him,mind you,I was off my face most of the time back then!

Kasper Schmeichel-the few games he played for us under sven he seemed an amazing talent, looked far better than hart at the time

Bojinov-if he weren't made of glass he had the strength and skill to be a real force up front in the prem

Sturridge-real surprised not to hear his name in the england fold, was such a shame when he was sold off to chelsea, he had such potential and was only beginning to break into the first team.

...and the list of strikers goes on
Mpenza
Samaras
Bianchi

...seems we've been cursed up front for ages. Thank god for Tevez.

I was always suprised that Nicky Reid, Steve Redmond and especially Ray Ranson never really attracted the attention of the bigger Clubs at the time. Ranson especially had an England Cap in him.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Thinking back to my youth and remembering how gutted I was when Michael Hughes left for Strasbourg,its funny how certain players never quite get to the top I thought he would be a world beater.

Any other players who never fulfilled there promise?
Colin Bell,we were denied the best years of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.