City players whose best game at Maine Road or the Etihad was as an opposition player

Bit before my time as a regular match goer ..,but i imagine Martin Oneil had much better games for Forest at Maine Road than his short career with us ..given he won many honours inc. the league title before he arrived.

Id imagine Earl Barrets performance in the 4-1 win for oldham at Maine road surpassed anything with us before his 35k move to Boundary park.
Oldham fans emjoyed themselves that day ( inside the ground..) as did already mentioned Ricky Holden and ' ooh" Roger Palmer...
Although I remember Martin O'Neill signing for City and have seen pics of him in 'action' I have no recollection of any of his performances for us!
One thing I do remember though was when Northern Ireland played Scotland he was their captain. The Scottish captain that day was also a City player, Asa Hartford...Have to say he made a bit more of an impression on me as a blue than O'Neill did)

Although I remember Martin O'Neill signing for City and have seen pics of him in 'action' I have no recollection of any of his performances for us!
One thing I do remember though was when Northern Ireland played Scotland he was their captain. The Scottish captain that day was also a City player, Asa Hartford...Have to say he made a bit more of an impression on me as a blue than O'Neill did)
Didn’t he sign the summer that Trevor Francis left, along with an ageing David Cross from West Ham? Think we were briefly top early on then sank like a stone

City 5 spurs 2
He was outstanding for us that day.
Beagrie and Summerbee on left snd right flank respectively.
And every other player who has been nominated on this thread has had good games for City.

Did you reply to the poster who said Bernardo Silva to point out that he was outstanding in the Liverpool 2-1 game?

And every other player who has been nominated on this thread has had good games for City.

Did you reply to the poster who said Bernardo Silva to point out that he was outstanding in the Liverpool 2-1 game?
I doubt Summerbee had a better game as an oppenent at Maine rd than the match i highlighted.
The poster i replied to suggested he had. I disagree.
. Yes he had one very good game for Swindon before he signed for us....but nothing on par with that game for us.against top quality opposition i might add. Do Summerbee,imo,is not a good example for this thread title.

I have no clue about the Bernardo silva post you refer to..i havent seen it!

Didn’t he sign the summer that Trevor Francis left, along with an ageing David Cross from West Ham? Think we were briefly top early on then sank like a stone
Just checked, he was there the previous season (81/82) playing the grand total of 13 matches.
David Cross? There's another one! Always rated him at West Ham, big tough centre foward who seemed to score loads.
Didn't really 'do it' for us did he? Think he scored in his first couple of games and hardly any afterwards?

To be fair to 'Psycho'( pretty sure he was Psycho before Stuart Pearce was psycho)
Cross did put as 2:0 up at the Swamp that season. We ended up drawing that one..
Seriously ,how many times have we managed to blow 2 goal leads against the Rags over the years!!

Just checked, he was there the previous season (81/82) playing the grand total of 13 matches.
David Cross? There's another one! Always rated him at West Ham, big tough centre foward who seemed to score loads.
Didn't really 'do it' for us did he? Think he scored in his first couple of games and hardly any afterwards?
Sounds right, think it might have been another once-decent but long past it striker, Phil Boyer, who came in at the same time as O’Neil?

Ian Bishop for Bournemouth in the Eddie Large 3-3. He was everywhere, ran the second half expecially.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.