City players you had high hopes for

Born to be Blue said:
Seem to recall a young lad back in the seventies called Mark Lester who was hyped up no end.
mark_lester.gif

this one?

Tricky_Trev said:
I remember thinking Stephen Elliot was going to be a fantastic striker.

Got to agree with this one............i thought it was a big mistake letting him go and it would come back to bite us. Hmmm maybe i was not cut out to be a scout !!

Also honourable mention for Lee Bradbury..............hear me out..........I saw his debut in pre season friendly at Burnley. He bagged a first half hattrick: left foot, right foot and header. I turned to my mate and said " i rekon we have the next Alan Shearer in this one "...............Christ i still get crucified over that one !

california blue said:
John Foster

Yes, wasn't sure anyone else would say this. Injuries didn't help him but in the end, never got close to his potential.

Players like Gary Flitcroft etc I don't really count - the guy had many years as a regular in the Premier League and did us a good service whilst here.

Karl Moore

Only ever saw him on those odd TV slots we used to have on some obscure Sky channel, but he always looked an exciting prospect...

Now at Shamrock Rovers apparently...

Omiclops said:
John Macken! After that half-way line goal for Preston I thought we bagged an absolute poacher. In fairness to him he did complete the 4-3 rout of Spurs but he was still woeful.

He missed a sitter in the last minute to take it to that replay in the first place! :P

Fowler and mcmanaman also van buyton shame we didn't have the cash at the time to buy him as he was class

superwatsonwatson said:
Ian Scott. Scored 3 or 4 goals for City in the mid 80s and disappeared.

Really good shout. I've heard both Lake and Hinchcliffe wax lyrical about how good he was as a kid.

Michael Hughes looked like he was going to a world beater when he first broke into the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.