City players you had high hopes for

Tony Adcock said:
Tricky_Trev said:
I remember thinking Stephen Elliot was going to be a fantastic striker.

Got to agree with this one............i thought it was a big mistake letting him go and it would come back to bite us. Hmmm maybe i was not cut out to be a scout !!

Also honourable mention for Lee Bradbury..............hear me out..........I saw his debut in pre season friendly at Burnley. He bagged a first half hattrick: left foot, right foot and header. I turned to my mate and said " i rekon we have the next Alan Shearer in this one "...............Christ i still get crucified over that one !

Still get grief from my lad when I play the ' I'm older so I know better football card' that I said to him on Badbuys debut that he looks a super player and will score hat fulls for us.

Mikkel Bischoff loked a real class defender. Unlucky with injuries but didn't want
it enough as say Jones at the rags.

Marc Laird.

He was ahead of Michael Johnson in the pecking order and was an unused sub at Wigan when we were battered 4-0.

He picked up injuries and was released and Kenny Jackett snapped both him and Ashley Grimes up.

Didn't work out at Millwall and is now at Leyton Orient via Port Vale, Brentford and Walsall.

+ 1 for Gary Flitcroft.

It wasn't just me either. I can remember reading articles looking forward 4 years to the starting eleven for the World Cup that had him alongside Gascoigne in midfield.

Does Lakey count? So much achievement but it could have been so much more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.