City players you had high hopes for

jimharri said:
i kne albert davy said:
Nick Fenton thought he'd do well with us and Paul Moulden couldn't believe he didn't make it more recently Terry Cooke no wonder fergie worked him on us.
To be fair he did a decent job in that never to be forgotten (try as I might!) season in the real third division. Got found out a bit when he had to step up a level.
Yep them last dozen or so games he played for us in 3rd Div were what give me high hopes for him but he just weren't up to it sadly he seemed to just vanish from the footballing world.

Hatem Trabelsi. Wasn't he one of the most sought after right-backs in Europe at some point? Was delighted when we signed him,but he never really looked the part for us (although no-one did under Pearce).

I had huge hopes for Sibierski. I saw his debut appearance in the friendly vs Barca (I think). There was a moment where he collected the ball on the right just inside our half and he ghosted past two players. What was remarkable about that was he moved in exactly that same gliding motion, when he did it, that Zidane had - I kid you not - and I honestly thought "fuck me, we've unearthed a real gem here".

And the rest sadly, is history.

John Macken! After that half-way line goal for Preston I thought we bagged an absolute poacher. In fairness to him he did complete the 4-3 rout of Spurs but he was still woeful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.