City players you had high hopes for

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Gary Mason - played a fair few games at the beginning of Division 3 season (I think) and was set to become the new Garry Flitcroft....
ended up at Dunfermaline and ????

First name that popped into my head. Real nice lad was Gary and for a while down in the 3rd tier he was like a footballing God. Never lasted, unfortunately.

Dickson Etuhu, cracking powerhouse midfielder. Couldn't believe he dumped us for Preston. (Or was he pushed?) Now holding down a regular spot for Fulham and isn't remotely scared of The Thug Joey Barton.

mancityscot said:
Willo flood. Now rotting in Dundee Uniteds reserves
And understandably so. Could never understand how he ever got a game for us, but he did put through one superb pass for the goal at the Millennium Stadium.

brian the blue said:
Valeri Bojinov.
+1, I was gutted.

Another shout here for Gary Mason, never seemed to get a game but always seemed to play really well.

And another shout for Weiss, he's just not really cut it has he.

Michael Johnson, without a doubt, is top of the list for me. He might well prove his fitness at Leicester, but I just think about Hargreaves and reckon MJ's best hope is to reach 35 having simply had a very well-paid career. A massive waste of massive talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.