City post record revenues of £473.4million for 16/17

Looks like Prestwich Blue is chatting about the accounts on the 93:20 podcast for anyone who is interested .I haven't listened yet but will do later.

I think that Bernardo Silva deal to City must to be Included in the Financial Report , also Selling Enes Unal to Vilareall ( 12 M ) are also included as Those 2 Deals were announced before 30 june .
Also The Number 161 M Pound As A Net Expenditure is incorrect :
Buying by Euro ( 40 M Ederson , 55 M Walker , 57 M Mendy , 35 M Danilo , 50 M Bernardo , 1 M Antuna , 5 M Kayode , 5 M Ilic Brothers , 13 M Douglas = 261 M euro )
Selling by Euro ( 14 M Bony , 14 M Unal , 29 M Iheanacho , 9 M Nolito , 6 M Fernando , 5 M Kolarov , 3 M Zuculini , 10 M Sancho , 2 M Sobrino , 5 M Ntcham , 2 M Nasri , 1 M Faour , 1 M Tyresi Campel 10 M Mooy + About 3 M from Loans as Roberts Celina Denayer ETC = 114 M euro )
So 261-114 = 147 m euro = 122 m pounds as a Net Expenditure only !!!
If Bernardo + Unal deals included in the Report : 211 - 100 = 111 m euro = 92 m pound as a Net Expenditure Only !!
The Bernardo Silva purchase is not included in the financial report - it is listed as an event not included in the report. Due to amortisation It won't have an impact till 2022 anyway.

Last edited:
The Bernardo Silva purchase is not included in the financial report - it is listed as an event not included in the report. Due to amortisation It won't have an impact till 2022 anyway.
Any purchase will have an effect, the following year. The amortisation spreads the purchase cost over the period of the contract, so in a five year contract after one year 20% of the price will be removed from our assets and costed as an expense surely?

Any purchase will have an effect, the following year. The amortisation spreads the purchase cost over the period of the contract, so in a five year contract after one year 20% of the price will be removed from our assets and costed as an expense surely?
So this season = 20% of his transfer fee.
2018/19 season = 20% of his transfer fee.
2019/20 season = 20% of his transfer fee.
2020/21 season = 20% of his tranzfer fee
2021/22 season = 20% of his transfer fee.
If his purchase was included in last season's accounts his transfer fee would disappear off the books in 2021 leaving that money available for other fees in season 2021/22. Hence my comment about it not making any difference till 2022 (when the season 2021/22 accounts are prepared and published).

Last edited:
So this season = 20% of his transfer fee.
2018/19 season = 20% of his transfer fee.
2019/20 season = 20% of his transfer fee.
2020/21 season = 20% of his tranzfer fee
2021/22 season = 20% of his transfer fee.
If his purchase was included in last season's accounts his transfer fee would disappear off the books in 2021 leaving that money available for other fees in season 2021/22. Hence my comment about it not making any difference till 2022.
The difference is if he had been included on last years figures we would already have paid his amortised fee last year. As it is he wasn't so we have to find his 20% amortised fee in addition to what we made last season, along with the fees for our other summer / January 18 signings. Not that I think that's a problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.