City pubs for Forest

Sounds like things have changed a lot since the 1990s. Back then we often drank in Larwood & Voce at the cricket ground which used to get packed with away fans but not sure if away fans are allowed in there these days. We'll be coming in on the train and should be there early doors so will give Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem a quick whirl as I've never been in there previously and will probably do the obligatory pint in Hooters then take it from there. As you say, The Broken Wheelbarrow at Meadow Lane lets away fans in so will probably end up there....eventually!
I think the Larwood and Voce is a home pub these days but might be wrong. Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem is definitely worth a visit. Claims to be the oldest inn in England but there’s a few pubs in Notts that say the same thing.

I used to live in Nottingham. The Poppy and Pint is a good place. Good selection of beers. Friendly staff.

I understand the official away premises in the Broken Wheelbarrow which is located at Notts County’s ground, Meadow Lane. I wouldn’t bother tbh.

Larwood is not an away pub anymore. Plenty of good places to go near the ground if people keep their heads down.
Cheers for the info mate - saves me a wasted trip to the Larwood!

Vat and Fiddle across from the train station, beers are brewed on site ( Castle Rock)
Loads of buses go to Trent Bridge from near the station.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.