City pubs in London

We’re in London for a family trip the weekend of the Chelsea game. Is Allsop the kind of place I could drag my kids (ages 9, 13, 16) to watch? We’re staying close by. (Coming from the US)
Website claims it’s family friendly so you should be OK. Doubt there’ll be many manic Chelsea fano around there. Check it out the day before

Website claims it’s family friendly so you should be OK. Doubt there’ll be many manic Chelsea fano around there. Check it out the day before
Thanks. I’m open to suggestions for other places too if something would be better for a family - we’re staying in Marylebone. After three days of sightseeing with grumpy teenagers it would be good to find a place to watch the game so we don’t have to talk to one another. Hah.

We’re in London for a family trip the weekend of the Chelsea game. Is Allsop the kind of place I could drag my kids (ages 9, 13, 16) to watch? We’re staying close by. (Coming from the US)
Probably, it's small and in a nice part of London.

However, in that part of London and with family I'd recommend a walk in Regents Park and to the top of Primrose Hill for a view of "the City"

In London for the Young Boys at-home game, so losing out on going to the game.

Are there any pubs, people recommend around Liverpool Street/Whitechapel for the game?
I had to go to london last year with the mrs,we stayed in a prem inn near tower bridge, found a pub called the brown bear, watched us beat leeds at home in there,a good crowd and met a bloke called Paul who was a manc who'd moved down there in the 1980's , a big City fan.

I had to go to london last year with the mrs,we stayed in a prem inn near tower bridge, found a pub called the brown bear, watched us beat leeds at home in there,a good crowd and met a bloke called Paul who was a manc who'd moved down there in the 1980's , a big City fan.

Thanks, my works office is literally walking distance to here :-)

I don’t even spot him on here anymore but Tony Brett’s City Pride nights and days were exceptional. As with everything, it came to an end and nothing really replaced it.

I’m glad there’s something new nevertheless as London is a nightmare when you don’t know anyone.

The Sir John Balcombe in Balcombe Street, literally around the corner from the train station. Alternatively the Sports Bar by the station but likely to be lively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.