City reach Romelo Lakuku agreement?? {merged}

Re: Romelo Lukaku (Youngster)

HijO said:
He's having difficulties to confirm this year.
He has lost the way to the goal, also unlucky in finishing.
But then again, he is only 17 years old, and last year he could play freely without any pressure or expectations. This year, all eyes are on him.
Still a big raw talent of course.
I expect him to be gone to a topclub at the end of the year.

I also expect this, but i dont think he'll be going alone, as his dad wants to keep him and his brother, who plays in defence and is 16 at the same club. His brother apparantly has a bit of talent too. Would love City to snap both of them up.

Ricster said:
HijO said:
He's having difficulties to confirm this year.
He has lost the way to the goal, also unlucky in finishing.
But then again, he is only 17 years old, and last year he could play freely without any pressure or expectations. This year, all eyes are on him.
Still a big raw talent of course.
I expect him to be gone to a topclub at the end of the year.

I also expect this, but i dont think he'll be going alone, as his dad wants to keep him and his brother, who plays in defence and is 16 at the same club. His brother apparantly has a bit of talent too. Would love City to snap both of them up.

we need to start a campaign - Balotell and Lakaku could be awesome up front for City for many years into the future

Is there an opportunity to buy him and loan him back out to gain experience - that way both teams win

on FML (lets be honest its the best scouting tool most of us have) he's intense got a pace and acceleration rating of 20/20 for both

Lukaku made his highest level debut 24 May 2009, in the championship play off return against Standard Liège as a 69th minute substitute for defender Víctor Bernárdez.[2] Anderlecht lost the match 1-0. Lukaku signed his first professional contract 11 days before his debut, when he turned 16, he signed until 2012[3]. He scored his first goal at senior level against Zulte Waregem in the 89th minute. Lukaku substituted Kanu after 69 minutes.[4]

He averaged higher than a goal a game during his youth career: 68 goals in 68 matches with Lierse S.K. and 121 goals in 88 matches with Anderlecht.[5] Even though he was only 15 years of age, Lukaku managed to score 206 goals in 1 season against players 4 years older.

With his goals against Ajax in the 2009–10 UEFA Europa League on 17 December 2009, he became the third youngest goalscorer ever in a UEFA competition at 16 years 218 days, with only Nii Lamptey (who was also playing for Anderlecht at the time) and Niklas Bärkroth being younger.[6] On March 18, 2010, Lukaku scored a goal and provided an assist as Anderlecht beat Hamburger SV 4-3 in the Europa League.[7] Anderlecht had lost 3-1 in Hamburg, so this was Lukaku's final goal in Europe this campaign, having scored 4 goals. Anderlecht's exceptional talent became the top scorer of the regular season 2009–10 in the Belgian Pro League, the 16-year-old scoring 15 goals in 25 games.[8]
wiki

im sorry is there any reason we haven't signed him yet? he's going to be a god if he keeps this up

Think we need to keep this on our radar.

we should be making a move on Gael Kakuta for free

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/10/11/arsenal-win-race-to-sign-12-5m-goal-machine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/10/11 ... l-machine/</a>

Anderlecht have finally agreed to let star striker Romelu Lukaku leave the club – with Arsenal believed to have won the race to sign him.
The 17-year-old Belgium international has been tracked by Inter Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona since breaking into the Anderlecht first team in 2009.
His pace and power has led many in Belgium to herald the striker as the next Didier Drogba – and Lukaku was pictured at Stamford Bridge earlier this year wearing a Chelsea shirt.
Lukaku quickly moved to deny rumours he was speaking to Chelsea officially and claimed he was merely there to go on a stadium tour with some friends.
Anderlecht have remained firm amid mounting interest from Europe’s elite clubs but it now appears they are willing to let him leave.
The Belgian side have lined up Michael Eneramo from Tunisian club Espérance Sportive to replace Lukaku and reports in Belgium claim Arsenal are ready to beat off competition from a whole host of admirers to sign the talented forward. (TalkSPORT)

This source seems to believe the deal has already been struck to bring the talented Belgian international to the Emirates, which either means TalkSPORT have gotten a little ahead of themselves or they know something no one else does.

There was talk that Arsenal were also looking to snap up Romelu’s talented brother Jordan who is also at Anderlecht. Arsene Wenger has indeed been monitoring the powerfully built striker who helped his Belgian side to a domestic double in his first full season at the club.

Previous reports suggested that Lukaku’s club were holding out for around £12.5m for their prized asset but some of that fee appears to be in relation to appearances as opposed to be a lump sum paid up front. Romelu has netted six times thus far this season and managed a very healthy 19 goals last season.

REALLY HOPE THIS IS NOT TRUE!!

southern muppet said:
Arsenal? Didn't see that coming. Thought he was nailed on for Chelsea myself.

Arsenal were apparantly keen to take his younger brother too, something which the father wanted and something i spoke about last week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.