City reach Romelo Lakuku agreement?? {merged}

Seosa said:
Plain Speaking said:
There certainly seems to be something happening today, his twitter last night said:
"Is going to sleep without stress.. Tomorrow there's only one winner and that's Anderlecht! Goodnight world.."
A strikeforce of Dzeko, Balotelli and Lukaku in Champions League next year?

I'd much rather prefer a Tevez-Dzeko-Balo-Lukaku strike force cheers, you cannot just rely on 3 strikers to do the job in 3 or even 4 competitions when you want to dominate, especially when one of the 3 strikers is only 17, no matter how good he is.
I concede it would be great to keep Tevez and the others but since Mancini sometimes plays only one striker can you imagine being able to keep 4 young strikers happy. They will all want regular playing time. Tevez sometimes throws a strop when he is taken off. I dont know any club in the world that could afford to have such Striking resources particularly with the future FFP provisions coming in.

The Fixer said:
From Talksport website

Manchester City have NOT completed the signing of Romelu Lukaku - but Anderlecht do expect their star striker to leave in the summer.
Reports in Belgium claim City have won the race to sign the 17-year-old - tipped as Europe's hottest prospect - but talkSPORT can confirm no deal is in place just yet.
Lukaku has attracted the interest of Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United and Liverpool as well as a whole host of other European clubs and it is understood his wish is to move to England.
Anderlecht have so far resisted the temptation to cash in on the Belgium international but reports this morning suggested they had caved in and sold him to City for around £17m.
But Anderlecht have since rejected the story and they say there has been no meeting with City.
A source said: "Romelu stays with Anderlecht for now. City? There is nothing on that yet."
Roberto Mancini, mindful of the precarious situation regarding Carlos Tevez's uncertainty at the club, is weighing up his future options in the transfer market and 6ft 3in powerhouse Lukaku is on his list of targets.
And while Anderlecht claim there will be no move to City in January, Lukaku's future beyond the transfer window is uncertain.
"For now he stays but beyond that and into the summer, we will see," the source added

The infamous source ...............

I dont get all this about it being a problem having 4 strikers. We could easily play 3 out of the 4 ahead of Barry, De Jong and Yaya could we not?
We'll be looking to go far in all the competitions were in so there will be a lot of games. Plus lukaka will be used carefully if we were to sign him as he is still only 17 and should not be played week in week out.
Mancini is nobodys fool and if he feels we need lukaka then i back him as he hasn't been wrong in the transfer market so far.

Every top club needs four quality strikers.

Even the rags had four when they won the Champions League, managed to keep them all happily, still have four to call upon... so why should we expect less than that?

Or we could go down the Liverpool route and have one quality striker to call on..

Sleeping_Easy said:
I dont get all this about it being a problem having 4 strikers. We could easily play 3 out of the 4 ahead of Barry, De Jong and Yaya could we not?
We'll be looking to go far in all the competitions were in so there will be a lot of games. Plus lukaka will be used carefully if we were to sign him as he is still only 17 and should not be played week in week out.
Mancini is nobodys fool and if he feels we need lukaka then i back him as he hasn't been wrong in the transfer market so far.
I dont think there's a problem having 4 strikers in itself, its probably essential for a club of our size. What could be a problem is that the 4 referred to, (ie Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli and Lakuku), are all world class and young and need adequate game time to develop experience. Much better to have a balance of age and experience with some strikers being quite prepared/grateful to be not playing every game. If Bellamy had a better attitude he would suit the 4th striker profile ideally.

Right age, obviously got talent, by the time he gets to 21 he will be classed as homegrown, Arsenal have been doing this for years, get the deal done this window and if need be loan him back to Anderlecht till the summer.

What the hell has happened?!?! I go to class this morning, come back to my place and this thread has exploded. What happened? Obviously, rumors rampant that we are making a move for this young lad and progress has been made, but clearly nothing finalized. Is there a possibility that this will be done this window? Or just an agreement for a move in the summer? If that's the case, why not just finalize it now and loan him right back so he doesn't have to move during the season and can come in during the summer?

Better compilation vid of him which is more up to date , instead of that vid with the most views :

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUQkplAKBdc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUQkplAKBdc</a>

His latest tweet

@romelulukaku Romelu Lukaku
On my way to Oostende... I should organize a webchat over here tomorrow... stay tuned to know at what time... See you all tomorrow!
1 hour ago via Facebook

Should know something by then if he's doing a webchat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.