City reject 35m Tevez bid

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Rammy Blue said:
We can't believe anything that comes from the other side of the pond - the Corinthians president is right in with Kia so until anyone from City or Juve confirm anything then it's a large pinch of salt for me.

I agree Rammy, although I don't really see what the Corinthians President would have to gain by telling everyone about a bid that is £10m higher than theirs. I get the bits about where Tevez wants to play but I can see no advantage to Corinthians by revealing a much more lucrative counter bid. Would we really care where Tevez went - outside the Prem?

One scenario could be that Kia/Carlos are using this to try and flush out Real Madrid, I just still have this sneaky feeling that one of the big guns is pulling the strings behind the scenes.

We will see.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Rammy Blue said:
We can't believe anything that comes from the other side of the pond - the Corinthians president is right in with Kia so until anyone from City or Juve confirm anything then it's a large pinch of salt for me.

I agree Rammy, although I don't really see what the Corinthians President would have to gain by telling everyone about a bid that is £10m higher than theirs. I get the bits about where Tevez wants to play but I can see no advantage to Corinthians by revealing a much more lucrative counter bid. Would we really care where Tevez went - outside the Prem?

Exactly - while I agree that it appears unlikely that Juve have tabled such an offer, this is the point I was making about it being an odd tactic from Corinthians/Kia if it's not true. It makes no sense whatsoever to lie about a bigger bid. A smaller bid then yes, you could see what they're up to of course.<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:44 am --<br /><br />
Rammy Blue said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Rammy Blue said:

One scenario could be that Kia/Carlos are using this to try and flush out Real Madrid, I just still have this sneaky feeling that one of the big guns is pulling the strings behind the scenes.

We will see.

You could well be right. If it gets us something in the region of 45-50 million then I suppose it benefits us. Most of us have accepted that Tevez is on his way so the important thing is to get the best possible fee for him. The sooner he goes the better - then we can try and get Aguero in.

So Tevey does not want to stay in Europe at all? Hats off to him if that is true, because that might mean all the things he said about missing his family is actually true and not just a load of crap.

However, if Juventus really offered 45m quid we would be mad not to sell.

or maybe Kia's plan is to move Tevez back to South America, buy half
his registration (third party ownership is allowed back there)...
THEN sell him to a big club in Spain/Italy and have a last big pay day
pocketing half the transfer fee....

Pure speculation though...anything is possible.

avoidconfusion said:
So Tevey does not want to stay in Europe at all? Hats off to him if that is true, because that might mean all the things he said about missing his family is actually true and not just a load of crap.

I guess we'll know soon enough. If Juventus don't rubbish this claim by the Corinthians President at some point today, things could get quite interesting.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
avoidconfusion said:

I guess we'll know soon enough. If Juventus don't rubbish this claim by the Corinthians President at some point today, things could get quite interesting.

I'm not sure why Juventus would rubbish the claims tbh. They haven't made the claims so don't really need to comment and they are probably quite happy for people to think they have made the offer even if they haven't. If they have made the offer then hopefully City will accept and start making it clear to Tevez that after his public statement last week, he isn't really in a position to knock back too many clubs as he has made his position with us fairly untenable.

Rammy Blue said:
One scenario could be that Kia/Carlos are using this to try and flush out Real Madrid.
This seems to me the most plausible explanation for the reference to a higher bid from Juventus. Unfortunately I have never been able to convince myself (and I have tried very hard) that Real Madrid would be serious about buying Tevez.

Another benefit for the Corinthians president in saying this on behalf of his friend Joorabchian might be so that he can say to his own club's fans, "we tried our best to get Tevez but we couldn't compete with the sort of money offered by Juventus..." (in fact, precisely the sort of thing the Juventus president said to his club's fans when they lost out in signing Edin Dzeko to 'moneybags' City!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.