City remain 6th in World on Deloittes money league

moomba said:
I reckon we could double the Etihad deal and it would still pass for market value.
tend to agree for the shirt ,stadium and campus sponsoring £40 m per year seems very under valued in todays climate

If the Etihad deal is below market value then it follows that it could be negotiated upwards - if it can be renegotiated. There has been some speculation that City were looking to do that.

Marvin said:
If the Etihad deal is below market value then it follows that it could be negotiated upwards - if it can be renegotiated. There has been some speculation that City were looking to do that.
wasn't there an article about our financial figures where a renegotiated 12 year deal was speculated - an increase by 10 m.

but Imo 50m peryear is still below market value if it includes shirt, academy and stadium. I mean rags earn around 44m just for the shirt bit (need to chk that figure) and probably close to 15 m (pulling out of thin air) for their training kit and complex deal

mrtwiceaseason said:
Marvin said:
The Etihad deal was according to the Media worth £400 Million over 10 years. If you accept that, then that = £40m revenue a year.

That's a small amount of City's revenue per annum. You could take the Etihad deal out of the equation, and City would still be above Liverpool etc (and remember that if Etihad didn't sponsor us, someone else would be falling over themselves to sponsor the Champions.)
not having a go at liverpool but considering their fan base ,global exposure over the years etc ,their money people dont seem to be doing a very good job,considering 10 years ago i doubt we would of even made the top 50

17th in 04/05, they just did a top ten before that.

You can't always just look at another deal next door and say 'we should match that'.

When Etihad came in they undertook risk... because they were putting up a LOT of money before we'd done much. As part of that, they'd expect to get a good deal later down the line as part of that initial risk.

It's like a shareholder who buys into something early, and gets a great price. That's his reward for taking the risk early on. If you want to come into the market later, THEN you'll have to pay more a share.

Full report.

PSG makes interesting reading. Bankrolled by the massive Qatari tourist sponsorship deal, which Platini and UEFA waved through. Without that they would be knackered.

Deloitte

Commercial breaks

Football Money League

Sports Business Group

PDF.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/uk/Documents/sports-business-group/deloitte-football-money-league-2015.PDF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/De ... e-2015.PDF</a>

I'm curious about matchday revenue and if clubs account for things differently... perhaps an accountant might know:

Is there a chance that some clubs are counting food/drink/merchandise in their matchday revenue, and that other clubs are accounting for that under a different heading?

i.e. Some clubs might mark it as merchandise regardless of when and where you buy it. Other clubs might specifically count sales on matchday and put them down as matchday revenue?

Apparently all 20 premier league teams are in the top 40, which is pretty horrendous.

FanchesterCity said:
I'm curious about matchday revenue and if clubs account for things differently... perhaps an accountant might know:

Is there a chance that some clubs are counting food/drink/merchandise in their matchday revenue, and that other clubs are accounting for that under a different heading?

i.e. Some clubs might mark it as merchandise regardless of when and where you buy it. Other clubs might specifically count sales on matchday and put them down as matchday revenue?
It's entirely possible. In fact until recently, we were one of the few clubs that split out matchday corporate revenue and showed it as commercial income, rather than matchday income. I could never work out why our revenue per seat was far lower than clubs like Villa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.