City remain 6th in World on Deloittes money league

Manchester_lalala said:
moomba said:
I reckon we could double the Etihad deal and it would still pass for market value.

It's alright saying that, but etihad might not want to give us more money.
They might not. But if it is market value someone will.

Prestwich_Blue said:
FanchesterCity said:
I'm curious about matchday revenue and if clubs account for things differently... perhaps an accountant might know:

Is there a chance that some clubs are counting food/drink/merchandise in their matchday revenue, and that other clubs are accounting for that under a different heading?

i.e. Some clubs might mark it as merchandise regardless of when and where you buy it. Other clubs might specifically count sales on matchday and put them down as matchday revenue?
It's entirely possible. In fact until recently, we were one of the few clubs that split out matchday corporate revenue and showed it as commercial income, rather than matchday income. I could never work out why our revenue per seat was far lower than clubs like Villa.

That's what I'm thinking now. I suspect the figures aren't really as poor as they look. Ultimately it doesn't really matter much though, it all goes in the same pot eventually.
As you suggest, I can't really believe we spend less than an average Villa fan, and we certainly don't attend any less matches, and I don't believe our corporate facilities are particular below par or limited in numbers.... so it's got to be something!

Cobwebcat said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

TOP 30 WEALTHIEST FOOTBALL CLUBS BY REVENUE (FOR 2013-14)

1. Real Madrid - £459.5m
2. Manchester United - £433.2m
3. Bayern Munich - £407.7m
4. Barcelona - £405.2m
5. Paris Saint-Germain - £396.5m
6. Manchester City - £346.5m
7. Chelsea - £324.4m
8. Arsenal - £300.5m
9. Liverpool - £255.8m
10. Juventus - £233.6m
11. Borussia Dortmund - £218.7m
12. AC Milan - £208.8m
13. Tottenham - £180.5m
14. Schalke 04 - £178.9m
15. Atletico Madrid - £142.1m
16. Napoli £137.8m
17. Inter Milan - £137.1m
18. Galatasaray - £135.4m
19. Newcastle United - £129.7m
20. Everton £120.5m
21. West Ham United - £105.3m
22. Aston Villa - £101.9m
23. Marseille - £100m
24. Roma - £97.7m
25. Southampton - £97.3
26. Benfica - £96.6
27. Sunderland - £95.7m
28. Hamburg - £92.2m
29. Swansea City - £90.5m
30. Stoke City - £90.1m

All this shows is there isn't much fairness in financial fair play.

BigOscar said:
Apparently all 20 premier league teams are in the top 40, which is pretty horrendous.

No real surprise there mate - the PL whores itself everywhere so that the likes of Stoke City are in the top 30 of Europe!!

The money received by all PL teams is exceptional.

Re. our revenues - sure I read that half of it, approx. 170M is commercial revenue.

All sorts in there - does anyone have the split?

nicolae said:
BigOscar said:
Apparently all 20 premier league teams are in the top 40, which is pretty horrendous.

No real surprise there mate - the PL whores itself everywhere so that the likes of Stoke City are in the top 30 of Europe!!

The money received by all PL teams is exceptional.
The surprising thing about it is just how low the quality is in the premier league, despite the amount of money everyone has. When you realise that the likes of Stoke, Sunderland and 11 goal Aston Villa have a bigger budget than someone like Porto, it makes you wonder what the fuck they are doing with the money.

So Stoke generate more income than regular European qualifiers (pot 1) Porto? I assume the number of English clubs is down to the TV deals. Anyone know what PSG get in prize money and off French TV companies? Seems very odd that they are just behind Barca who have their own TV subscriptions and are shirt sponsored by Qatar.

any coincidence that the top 4 , have competed in 8 of the last 6 champs league finals ? The most boring football competition in the world , the 2015 final will definitely have one of Real,Barca or Munich , UEFA is just one big "old pals act".

skyblue1894 said:
So Stoke generate more income than regular European qualifiers (pot 1) Porto? I assume the number of English clubs is down to the TV deals. Anyone know what PSG get in prize money and off French TV companies? Seems very odd that they are just behind Barca who have their own TV subscriptions and are shirt sponsored by Qatar.

Of course it is.

27K fans 19 times a year doesn't buy you a seat at the top table.

Remember also that Barca/RM split approx. 90% of the Spanish TV between them giving them an extra advantage in Europe and especially domestically.

nicolae said:
skyblue1894 said:

Of course it is.

27K fans 19 times a year doesn't buy you a seat at the top table.

Remember also that Barca/RM split approx. 90% of the Spanish TV between them giving them an extra advantage in Europe and especially domestically.

Which is why I asked about the French TV money and league prize money for that matter. How are we so far behind PSG's revenue when the French League isn't beamed all around the world like our premier league is. Their commercial dealings must be twice ours for such a gap to exist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.