City - Revolutionising Academy football

City's academy gets non-stop praise. The criticism is that so few players make the transition into the first team.
Only time allows this. Unless you buy almost the finished article I.e Nacho, your going to have at least a 5/8 year wait for these players coming through ready to play at the level we require. It's starting to happen now and I believe in the next 3/5 years we will have plenty come through. Ok not all of them might be in city blue but we'll make money and have one or two stars of our own.

I read the article and it convince me of what in my mind. Pep is here to develop style of play from top to bottom the U-15 so that in the future we will not like Manure, players gone, manager gone then they lost the way of winning game. We will not depend on person (manager, player) but we are establishing system that will work like machine in the way that you can remove a pinion and replace with new one without disturbing the whole system functioning because all of them come from the same mould. So we need our academy to grow up to be first team player and some of them will become our future manager. It sound like Barca but we will make our City DNA here.
Cruyff established the system in Barca, when he'd gone the club rely on buying star players to maintain their position. When Rijkaard was gone. They were thinking to hire another outsider Mourinho who will need to buy new star players again but they made the good choice to go back the their root by appointing Pep. We will need to do the same. This is what I think we plan to do here, from academy then first team player and finally some to be our manager to maintain our DNA and continue successful.

I read the article and it convince me of what in my mind. Pep is here to develop style of play from top to bottom the U-15 so that in the future we will not like Manure, players gone, manager gone then they lost the way of winning game. We will not depend on person (manager, player) but we are establishing system that will work like machine in the way that you can remove a pinion and replace with new one without disturbing the whole system functioning because all of them come from the same mould. So we need our academy to grow up to be first team player and some of them will become our future manager. It sound like Barca but we will make our City DNA here.
Cruyff established the system in Barca, when he'd gone the club rely on buying star players to maintain their position. When Rijkaard was gone. They were thinking to hire another outsider Mourinho who will need to buy new star players again but they made the good choice to go back the their root by appointing Pep. We will need to do the same. This is what I think we plan to do here, from academy then first team player and finally some to be our manager to maintain our DNA and continue successful.
A very good post sir.Its still my belief and has been since day one of Peps reign,that he will be here for longer than his three year contract and I would be surprised if he wasn`t at our Club to oversee its productivity for an extra 2/3 years on top.

Having been lucky enough to be shown around and met Mark Allen I can honestly say I was blown away with the place. The thought that has gone into every detail, the professionalism, the ethos, it's truly remarkable.

They have been playing that style for a few seasons now from the little kids up. It makes you wonder how much input Pep has had at the club long before he rolled up as manager.

That's unquestionably going to change. You've got Nacho, Garcia and Maffeo already, and I'll be amazed if we don't see Diaz and Sancho in the first team squad on a regular basis within 2 or 3 years

All of which is great, and I'm a big fan of the young players we have coming through, but it'd be nice to see some who have been with the club since before their teenage years, or at least (to highlight the first three you mentioned in particular) before they were 17 or 18. After all, it wasn't long ago that we enjoyed picking apart the scum's youth policy on the basis that the only players they brought through were the ones they had bought the previous summer.

There's another article in the Guardian today interviewing Denis Suarez that shows exactly how far we've come in the past few years, as he arrived when our academy was still completely neglected and stuck in it's old ways. He talks about how we sold him the idea of what we wanted to be, but how we were still a bit of an old fashioned english shambles. He left just after the new regime took over and started the complete overhaul of the academy and now, only a few years later, we have completely revolutionised the entire set up and got a real identity and plan behind the whole academy system (and of course the facilities, but they are nothing without the right direction).

We have it all in place now, all we have left to do is steadily start integrating the players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.