City - Revolutionising Academy football

Loved this line:

Nine of the 11 starters in last year’s FA Youth Cup final against Chelsea were born in Manchester.

^^^^^^
It is shameful that this is not more widely known, we should be pushing this at every opportunity.

a good manchester city academy will be good for england

it will go hand in hand and the day is coming when we will be talking about the class of ???? at manchester city and the academy and city will have 5 or 6 players home grown english players its simple that we will have the best youth setup in england and the best people running it its just a matter of time before the flowers will start to bloom and the story will go on and on

they all laughed and said it will not last manchester city are just going to be a quick fix and then they will go home and leave and little old city will be in a mess without the money the united 1992 history book of football will be just a chapter of manchester city winning silverware HAHAHHAHA

BUT NOW MY FRIENDS OVER THE ROAD WANT TO CLOSE THE BOOK A CHANGE THE RULES

All of which is great, and I'm a big fan of the young players we have coming through, but it'd be nice to see some who have been with the club since before their teenage years, or at least (to highlight the first three you mentioned in particular) before they were 17 or 18. After all, it wasn't long ago that we enjoyed picking apart the scum's youth policy on the basis that the only players they brought through were the ones they had bought the previous summer.

Way to kill the mood! That notwithstanding that's not an especially realistic wish in my book, if only because puberty (and its effect on an individual's athletic capabilities) is such an unpredictable beast. Unless I'm mistaken Sancho and Diaz are both now in their 3rd season with us, and I'm more than happy with that. We're the ones moulding them on all levels

Way to kill the mood! That notwithstanding that's not an especially realistic wish in my book, if only because puberty (and its effect on an individual's athletic capabilities) is such an unpredictable beast. Unless I'm mistaken Sancho and Diaz are both now in their 3rd season with us, and I'm more than happy with that. We're the ones moulding them on all levels
He may get his wish with Foden,Tosin or Gunn.

All of which is great, and I'm a big fan of the young players we have coming through, but it'd be nice to see some who have been with the club since before their teenage years, or at least (to highlight the first three you mentioned in particular) before they were 17 or 18. After all, it wasn't long ago that we enjoyed picking apart the scum's youth policy on the basis that the only players they brought through were the ones they had bought the previous summer.
Maffeo was 15 when he came here, same as Angelino I think.

Building a team like City are doing requires a mixture of everything.

By that I mean paying for the best at top level coupled with being lucky enough to bring our own youngster through all the academy teams to achieve at the highest level. This coupled with everything in between.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.