City Square open for testing

I thought it was quality. My only gripe, apart from the size of the pens, were the prices - I'm not expecting Wetherspoon's prices by any means but it's £3.10 a pint in the pubs around the ground and if they'd charged that it would be even busier IMO, especially as I'm sure we'd all sooner give City our money rather than some landlord who most of us have no loyalty to. That said, the prices still compare favourably with those at concerts and music festivals.

Re the size of the pens - the poster who mentioned planning permission could be correct. After all, the whole thing was thrown up in only a matter of weeks.

Anyone know if they're serving beer there tomorrow night, given that they're not allowed to serve it inside the ground on European nights?

-- Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:41 pm --

PowderBlue said:
Its expensive, but you dont have to buy anything to enjoy the atmo. I thought it was outstanding to be honest - compare it to what the rags have got - a row of old shops converted to take aways.

Live music and big screens really did create the 'matchday experience' - another fantastic move by the City machine - thankyou.

They did have a fanzone-style tent for a while. Apparently the beer was slightly cheaper than inside the ground but, get this, it was a fiver to get in so that more than offset the cheaper beer prices.

My boss, a red, told me this morning that the tent is no longer there despite it getting packed on match-days (seems a strange decision to get rid of it IMO). He then went on to say that what City have done with City Square is putting his own club to shame as there is absolutely nothing laid on for United fans, and acknowledged that for all the jibes aimed at us over the past couple of years, our owners really are the real deal.

I had a great time in the citysquare, I loved the idea with the big screens showing highlights of past Citygames and interviews etc, the band was great and the food was surprisingly tasty.

The beer is expensive but it always is at events whether it is a concert or whatever.

The people who moan about the pricing should remember that City has invested a lot in this area and the music is free for the fans.

The Citysquare will become a featured part of my trips to City in the future.

I went on Monday, probably got there just after 6pm. There was no queue to get in and no queue at the bar all night. I was stood to the left of the Star Bar and there was loads of room round there.. My mate turn up later and queued for about 5 mins to get in.

As a smoker, I asked one of the stewards if you can smoke, and he said yes but best to keep to the edges. Also, the toilets were nice.

I would add some more tables/shelves to put your pint on as the lager was freezing and it will need some form of heating in the winter.

It was definitely a pleasant experience and being able to walk straight up to the bar for a pint was welcome change from the rugby scrum in Mary Ds.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Features/Singing-in-the-rain-at-City-Square" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Features/Si ... ity-Square</a>

Marco Pierre-White was cooking! Food must have been good!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.