City Square open for testing

this is my review of city sauare

I got there about 6pm and it was already busy. Went to the Bluemoon cafe for my food. Could not believe it when Marco P white served me. lol and just after I got my burger Mike Summerbee came behine the counter too and had a bit of a "moment" with MPW.

the food was spot on, mybe a little expensive but lets be honest with ourselves, it always is at these type of events / places. IMO if you dont want to pay the prices go to asda.

The I went to the bars. for me it was a little pakced in. but im sure most people loved it.
They showed the Derby games on the big screens top try and get everybody in the mood and it kind of worked.

Without going into the prices too much, i found it a little expensive but at the end of the day nobody is MAKNIG me buy it. plus the club need to make a money.

The weather was shite, so the uncovered areas were not really used and everybody tried to huddle under any shelter they could.

The good thing is that because of the weather, it really tested the whole set up. and imo city got it spot on.

i would like to see how it works when the weather is better

My only real niggle is that the beer pen is too small and Marco P White is a twat.

wasn't impressed really,went in the ground few pint's and an hot dog, lad's i know we're even saying it, they wern't impressed.

Its expensive, but you dont have to buy anything to enjoy the atmo. I thought it was outstanding to be honest - compare it to what the rags have got - a row of old shops converted to take aways.

Live music and big screens really did create the 'matchday experience' - another fantastic move by the City machine - thankyou.

They should double the size of those pens with immediate effect.

It was excellent but way too small. Very surprised there were no queues for beer, too.

Funniest bit was when Joe Hart got stopped for an interview by the cheesy compare and was clearly irritated, rolling his eyes and trying to ignore him. Cue big cheer from the beer tent.

Didsbury Dave said:
They should double the size of those pens with immediate effect.

It was excellent but way too small. Very surprised there were no queues for beer, too.

Funniest bit was when Joe Hart got stopped for an interview by the cheesy compare and was clearly irritated, rolling his eyes and trying to ignore him. Cue big cheer from the beer tent.

spot on , well too small. but i thought it was brilliant in there. when it got to about 7 and some proper singing started it was class

Club have certainly missed a trick.

These canopy bars should have extended down Joe Mercer way.

Gave up trying to get into the sections, nice vibe, but seems like it's going to be an exclusive club for those who can get there early.

I was very impress with the set up definately improved my match day experience! Only small gripe was that from the bar areas you couldn't actual hear the sound system. Small gripe which I'm sure the club can iron out.

A crowd of us went in and thought it was great. Good quick service from someone who spoke English, good food and great atmosphere. Count me in as a regular.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.