City Square = Rubbish

leruzin said:
Walked in at 1:30 and no queues. Straight to the bar still no queues . Got a bit wet with the rain but very impressed overall . No other club in the country has anything like this,and if you don't like it then don't go !! Simples

They have the bars outside the ground at Arsenal, where you're not penned in to a small area. I thought City Square would have been similar. I assume it's to do with the council's no drinking alcohol on the streets policy.

blackley macca said:
Would be a good idea to let fans without tickets watch a home or even an away game there if its televised.

Good idea for matches that have sold out, and possibly a £5 entrance fee, or free entrance on production with a Citycard, and as ALL city games are now televised (somewhere in the world except maybe an early round league cup tie), could allow those that can afford to see every game in the flesh to still enjoy the "matchday" experience and atmosphere, though the danger would be the likes of yesterday when the rags have an early start in the north west, some of the rats could decide to attack knowing that the majority of blues would be safely locked inside the ground.

i see skies of blue said:
Don't know what the OP's problem is!

I arrived around the same time (~2pm) with a few friends, only about 5 or 6 people queueing in front of me waiting to have tickets scanned so got straight in. As others have said it is busy in there with drinkers but once you're in there's next to no queue at the bar and the service is excellent. No more than 3mins at the bar to get the the first round in. Second round of drinks I walked straight up and got served no problem.

Far better experience that in the ground. Well done City! Some people need to grow up.

Only complaint - couldn't hear the stuff on the big screen from the bar, would have been nice to actually hear the interviews/team announcements ect but we were chatting anyway so no big problem.

So you had two pints? well someone missed out on the round, 'av 'em.

OP got all arsey because he was asked to queue for a minimal amount of time and they scan your ticket. FFS learn to have patience.
It's great for what it is. At Mary D's the last time I went they had bouncers and queues and it was far worse getting to the bar to get served than when I used City square.

Some people

It's a good idea, but it is very restricted. I don't see why beer is only allowed in that little bar area whats the point in making that big area infront of the stage if your not allowed your beer there, give me a pub any day

Taximania said:
Please , not being offensive towards any contributer to this thread.
But the day I wait in line for a cup of p*ss served in a plastic cup for £3.70 is the day I will set fire to my own toes.

Plenty of crack in Manny and in the Shambles and also Fridays and Wetherspoons for a FRACTION of the price.
AND..good banter good company and extremely good Atmos all round !

City square ???
NO THANKS

Off to salzburg in ten mins, see all the blues over there
Happy days :

Cittttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Best team in the land in alll the worl...........................................................

Which is fine if you are looking to go for a drink more than an hour before the game and have the time to spare. Some people simply don't get time to do that and just go for a quick drink before the kick off. The same amount of time it takes you to get a cab or bus from town. The entrance is never more than a few hundred yards walk away so no need to worry about missing kick off if you get stuck behind an accident.
The beer is the same as anywhere just, as I've said before,it's the price you pay for convinience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.