City Square Stage Is No More :-( What Did You Think Of It And What It Offered?

jrb

Today.

6535E1C0-619E-454C-8FBE-0A2C610E38B1.jpeg

To be honest I never bothered with it much. I usually walked past the stage regardless of the ex-players, special guests and celebrities being interviewed, as well as singers and bands playing live music. A lot of City fans did like it and there was always a decent crowd on a matchday

RIP City Square Stage. To be reborn as a 3000 capacity indoor fanzone.

Didn’t know what it wanted to be.

Why they feel the need to shout the players names as they’re getting off the coach, have interviews, do silly games and worst of all offer their opinions when they’re just presenters is beyond me.

When people are having a beer and a chat pre-game, they don’t need anything other than goals on the screens and tunes coming out of the speakers. Yet they ran it like it was a Saturday evening television entertainment show on ITV.

It spoke volumes that it was rammed at Summerbees and at the food bit, yet sparsely populated in front of the stage.

Knowing what City are like and the cheese on toast they push out, I’m a bit worried about what the new CitySq will be like. City need to understand that about 90%+ of the people in attendance are adult men, so don’t aim 90% of the stuff in places like CitySq at under 9s.

Never really seemed to attract an audience, often felt sorry for the ex players/bands when they were on there and about 50 people were showing an interest.
It was always better populated in front of the stage at Christmas when they increased the number of stalls selling beer and food around that area.

That’s what the vast majority of the people in attendance at football matches want: footy, tunes, beer and food.

We don’t need owt else.

Never bothered with it half the time the entertainment was dreadful. As the previous poster said goals on the screens and music playing u can’t go wrong.

It was fucking shite. A load of gash music on and no chance to have a conversation with anyone nearby, or the ticket office. Not for me.

It did brighten the place up though with the painted flooring etc, but that had seen better days over the last few years. It served its purpose, time to kick on now. I trust City to get the development right and how they want it to kick onto the next level.

I saw Blossoms play there to a handful of people prior to their commercial breakthrough.
The only other band I took time to watch were an act called "Shakedown Stockholm" featuring a young lady who worked in the HR team in our office!
Blossoms and The 1975 both played there early in their careers, a few less successful people I know also did. Including a red mate who we roundly abused and heckled throughout his set.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.