City Square Stage Is No More :-( What Did You Think Of It And What It Offered?

It was, those that didn’t like it fair enough but it was popular enough, especially with families. Think maybe City fans took it for granted but it was better than any other pre game entertainment /meeting area I can think off.

TBF it was. That's who it was aimed at.

But what is going to be aimed at 3000 people made up of different ages and tastes.

Maybe the hall/Fanzone should be split into 2.

1000 capacity for families and kids, City Square Stage-esc, and 2000 capacity for adults, the bar area at the back of 115-esc.

I hope the proposed 3000 capacity indoor fanzone already has a blueprint. The new bar at the back of 115. A good space, enough seating for the space, decent beer, good service, a DJ playing Manc tunes, but not too loud to hear yourself speak and think. What more can you ask for?(cheaper beer prices!)

City need to go around the city centre and visit some of the new food and drink halls that are busy, are a success, make plenty of money, and incorporate their ideas into the new fanzone.

No offence, but the last thing I want to see and hear is fanzone Danny, Natalie Pike, etc, going through the same repertoire and cheese at the new fanzone.

By all accounts Diecast, close to GAS, and recently opened, is doing really well. It’s going to be really popular on matchdays, before and after the games.
The beer is cheap with the season card discount...

But what is going to be aimed at 3000 people made up if different ages and tastes.

1000 capacity for families and kids, City Square Stage-esc, and 2000 capacity for adults, the bar srea at the back of 115-esc.
Yes, although if the arena / canal bar areas are opened on match days , it may become 2 separate areas. The fans in the Summerbee bar as far as I could see weren’t that interested in what was happening around the rest of City Square or on the stage and just met up with friends /family there. They would be just as likely to do that in the arena area if it was open.

It was always better populated in front of the stage at Christmas when they increased the number of stalls selling beer and food around that area.

That’s what the vast majority of the people in attendance at football matches want: footy, tunes, beer and food.

We don’t need owt else.
Spot on this!

The mulled cider in the cold winter months, the main draw for me!

Peter Kay would be a cracking opening act in-front of 3000 City fans

But what is going to be aimed at 3000 people made up of different ages and tastes.

1000 capacity for families and kids, City Square Stage-esc, and 2000 capacity for adults, the bar area at the back of 115-esc.

There was already a good mix of people at City Square. It isn’t just families and there’s loads of ‘adult’ fans at places like Summerbees. I see City fans who have been going to games for 50 years there. It’s been absolutely hammered since it’s inception and is one of the best things we’ve ever done in terms of fan experience around the stadium. It certainly doesn’t need a ‘divide’.

to Be fair there’s not many drinking places close to the stadium and I admire the club for trying to make a good match day experience, gives a good platform for up and coming bands and somewhere to go before the match, will be better undercover, normally visit during good weather and traffic permitting, keep up the good work City in trying to create a good match day experience and good atmosphere within the stadium. If it wasn’t a success they probably wouldn’t spend money in incorporating within the new stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.