City strikers or Bayern strikers ?

Our strikers are better because they are there to create as well as finish, but their midfield is world class and beats ours hands down. The speed at which Robben and Ribery break is phenomenal and Müller is just a beast of an attacking midfielder.

minimalistic said:
Our strikers are better because they are there to create as well as finish, but their midfield is world class and beats ours hands down. The speed at which Robben and Ribery break is phenomenal and Müller is just a beast of an attacking midfielder.

Javi martinez is the best player by far and hes a proper DM + He joins the attacks aswell 60 mill well spent

Let's say it like this - Bayern does not even depend on that one striker in front to win matches.

In the Bundesliga 31 of 89 goals are goals of Bayern's forwards...

In the Champions League Müller leads Bayern's scoring with 7 goals - and he is more an attacking midfielder with a lot more jobs than just to convert his chances. He needed 28 shots for his 7 goals in the CL - exactly four for each goal - Lewandowski 4.1 (41 shoots for 10 goals), Messi 5 (41 for 8) and Ronaldo 6.25 (75 for 12)

Müller already has 20 goals this season, Robben 11, Schweinsteiger, Ribery and Kroos 9, Shaqiri 7, Martinez and Gustavo 3

If you take all competitions Bayern has 50 goals by strikers - 71 goals by any kind of midfielders...

city have the better strikers, bayern have a better midfield and a better system.

plus our big/strong type centre forward doesn't get to play in the correct system.

I'm not sure if i want us to sign someone like Falcao or whether I'd prefer to have Agüero as our striker to play as the 1 in a 4231 and buy more creative players to play in the 3 and buy Gündoğan to play with Yaya in the 2.

I think Bayern are just a team with a great system and this is something we need to improve. Bayern may not have the best strikers (Mandzu, Gomez, Pizzaro) but the midfield play and full back support in attack is incredible and thus it is almost guaranteed that they will score goals, they are all poachers pretty much (although Mandzu has a great work rate and Pizzaro can take part in some of the play). So many options for attack, through balls, crosses, counter attack etc.

Their central midfiled and goal keeper are marginally better . Its their system and their pace that is far far superior.
None of their Attacking midfielders are better than silva.
Schweinsteiger, while more hardworking isn't better than Yaya Toure.
Clichy is a better left back,
Kompany is better than any of their CB
Boateng isn't better than Nastasic
Our strikers are better
They simply have more desire, work harder off the ball. They have better movement.
They also have a more tactically competent manager.

In my opinion, the central midfield of Schweinsteiger and Martinez is one of the major differences between the sides. They are truly awesome. I'd put Schweinsteiger nearly up there with Pirlo and Xavi for creative influence from deep and he works tirelessly in defence as well, complimenting Martinez who is a beast defensively and can pick a pass too.

I think we'll forget all about our problems with scoring regularly come next season. As long as Kun stays fit I think he'll get back to his best.

I think it will be time to move on Dzeko in the summer. My ideal purchases would be Cavani, Marco Reus (think he's too happy in his hometown of Dortmund though), Christian Eriksen and Arturo Vidal. We may need to sell a few more to afford that level of quality though. Nasri to PSG? Sinclair? Kolarov or Maicon? Garcia? Finally getting Santa Cruz and Bridge totally off the wage bill might free up some funds!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.