City supporters in Midlands/South

Add another Blue from Brum - supported'em since 96/97 through my best friend at the time as at 7 or 8 years old I stupidly thought there was only one team in Manchester and 'blue was my favourite colour', My first game was when his Dad took us both up to watch them play Huddersfield Town as he had tickets in the old Platt Lane stand, City lost 1-0 to a Steve Bruce lead Huddersfield which didn't go down to well ;) - I'll tell you my/our routine getting to games as I usually divide my time between Birmingham and Manchester.

Train from local Station to Moor Street
Get off at Moor Street and dash over to New Street
Goggle eyes on Manchester Piccadilly departure time
Hop on to Manchester Piccadilly train
Snooze/play on iPod on train for about an hour and a half, although I can't snooze if its Villa or West Brom fans, rowdy b*stards.
Get off at Manc Piccadilly
Hop in Uncle Brians car/Follow the City Link (depending if Uncle is available)
May head straight to stadium or get a bite to eat.
Watch Game
Same thing all over again but backwards and sometimes if I have family/friends coming we drive up instead.

So there you go!

Near Daventry, Northamptonshire myself. Still only see a few passing blue shirts around here and don't get up to watch us nearly enough.

corbyblue said:
3 of us from Corby , 300 mile round trip every game. Hate the bloody M6.

Hey! I thought that I was the only Blue in Corby. Been up three times this season on my tod. Sat nav has taken me up or back a different way every time! Have you got room for another passenger?

Ian Paisley said:
liam81101 said:
Used to be a member of the Leicester & Rugby - in all but name it's no longer
I can remember being on a coach with them when the windows were all put through leavind anfield.Boxing day,won 1.3 all the way back without windows, freezing
Andy Hemingway here i too was on that bus ,last stop too leicester station,season ticket holder back then.Dave "finger of fudge"Kelly top bloke full of tales ran a ncp car park in leicester(free parking thanks Dave) love to meet up for a beer at game,live in swadlincote near burton on trent.

Anyone watching tonight's game on Northampton? Gotta drop the girlfriend off over there thought I could save the trip back to rushden!

Another from Notts, cheap trains at the weekends or a winding drive through the pennines for the midweeks

We are setting up travel to European games and also for normal flights and accomadation.we will look to set up flights from a airport based centrally .if you email me at citymac68@ gmail.com or follow us @citizentravel
We will be up and running soon . Cheers mac from Citizen Travel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.