City talked up big time in the USA and Canada today

MaineStandMoaner

Sirius/XM satellite radio has a daily football morning show heard all over North America. It`s host is one Charlie Stilitano. Charlie is a very close pal of Sir Awex, and for that reason always prefers them to ...well anybody in the EPL (his main love is AC Milan).

Charlie was a guest of City at The Etihad last night, and called in to his own show this morning. Not only did he obviously big us up for our performance on the field, but what he said about the fans just had me beaming. I paraphrase...

"In all the English games I have watched, going back to Liverpool European Cup games in the 70`s/80`s, games at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and White Hart Lane.....I have never encountered such an amazing atmosphere as last night in the Etihad Stadium"

Chest filled with pride at that...well done everyone there last night. He also said a couple of interesting things. He travelled on the train from London with a sizeable Arab contingent, all supporting City. He said the Arabs told him Mansour is beloved by his people. He sat down with ferguson before the game for 45 minutes and said he`d never seen his friend like that...very quiet, pensive, "he seemed a worried man"

Happy days.

If you watched it on sky or m.o.t.d you would have thought it was crap!
I am sure they turned the sound down, inside the ground amazing!

I caught the vibe on ESPN in the USA, you fans at the stadiun were awesome!!
I also caught the last 10 mins of the game on "rag radio" (it's in XM too) while the 2 baffoons were lamenting the loss all I could hear was all the fans singing in the background.

Most-watched EPL match on ESPN Deportes

Monday’s Manchester derby, a 1-0 home win for Manchester City over Manchester United in a 2011-2012 Premier League showdown, was seen on ESPN by an average of 1.033 million viewers (832,000 television homes), based on a 0.8 rating, making it the most-watched Premiership telecast on U.S. cable television, according to Nielsen.

The Manchester derby telecast out-delivered the previous high, an ESPN2 telecast of Arsenal vs. Chelsea, seen by an average of 610,000 viewers on Monday, Dec. 27, 2010

The five most-viewed Premiership matches on U.S. cable TV:
Date Matchup Viewers - P2+ Network

Mon, April 30, 2012 Manchester City vs. Manchester United 1,033,000 ESPN
Mon., Dec. 27, 2010 Chelsea vs. Arsenal 610,000 ESPN2
Sat., Feb. 11, 2012 Liverpool vs. Manchester United 588,000 ESPN2
Sun., Feb. 6, 2011 Liverpool vs. Chelsea 579,000 FOX Soccer
Mon., Dec. 13, 2010 Arsenal vs. Manchester United 570,000 ESPN2

Additionally, Monday’s Manchester City vs. Manchester United match was the most-viewed Premier League telecast on ESPN Deportes, the Spanish-language sports network which began featuring EPL matches in August 2010. The match earned a 4.0 Hispanic coverage rating, representing 205,000 Hispanic households (273,000 Hispanic viewers, P2+). The previous high on ESPN Deportes delivered a 2.5 Hispanic coverage rating, 127,000 households, (183,000 Hispanic viewers) for Blackburn vs. Man United on April 2, 2012.

On ESPN3 and WatchESPN, an average minute audience of nearly 87,200 people watched the Manchester derby via computers, smartphones, tablets and Xbox, and logging a total of 13.1 million minutes across platforms.

Stevie B said:
Crazy.... Wonder how many people watched on free streams aswell?
and the other 11 networks :)

Thank god we won the game i say! not only for our sponsors but future ones and future fans.

fantastic, can't say enough about the U.S. coverage of the match. Fantastic, and put Fox Soccer to absolute shame. 30 minute preview beforehand and even some interviews afterward. Well done.

Was even on the CNN, Fox News homepages and had a blurb on the front sports section of USAToday.

The match story was front page on the sports section in this town I live in here in Canada. Was great to see City getting talked up as all year over here we just hear about United blah blah blah. Even when City was top of the table all we heard about was those pricks. A real breathe of fresh air to finally see a great blue story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.