City talked up big time in the USA and Canada today

From a Manc in Florida, let me tell you all how proud we all were yesterday. The ground was buzzing and the support immense. There were 10's of 'onlookers' who stopped in (due to me announcing it around town all week) and they were all gobsmacked at the excitement and noise. There were a group of 7 or 8 mancs on holiday (some rags, some blues, some neutral) and they just added to our matchday experience.

I would have given my left bollock to be there yesterday and throughout this season in general though I tell you.

Does anyone know the actual number of worldwide viewers yesterday? Word was that it was upwards of 600million estimated audience........?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/05/02/manchester-set-a-club-television-audience-world-record/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/05/02/ma ... ld-record/</a>

Never mind.....world record audience for a non-international event/game!!!!!!! Quite incredible.

We are getting BIG the world over.

I call into The Football Show and the other Sirius XM program paired with it, Counterattack Radio. Last night they loved how excited I was and I had to push the Arsenal fan on CA Radio by talking about how underrated Nasri was by them. :D

They were genuinely impressed by the performance.

I loved the coverage as well, I did get the feeling that people were shocked that another team other than the scum even exists though.

As long as we don't get a bunch of douchebag Yankee and Cowboy fans I'll be glad to have some more people to meet up with to watch matches.

buckshot said:
As long as we don't get a bunch of douchebag Yankee and Cowboy fans I'll be glad to have some more people to meet up with to watch matches.
How bout a Packers/St. Louis Cardinals fan?????

Look what. Found in the comments section of that site when they were arguing about the figure

Guys, I am currently in Vietnam and the people here went wild over the game. I was in a bar at 2am packed with locals watching the game. You would be amazed how popular the epl is in Asia. I wouldnt question these figures. The last world cup was in a timezone that wasn’t easy for the rest of the world to watch. So the viewing figures are not strong.

This will sell some more merchandise... If we win the league I believe it will be the start of a new era.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.