"City Tearing Cockneys Apart Again"

No such place as the Drayford Park so I'm calling bullshit.

And I believe the Belgians may well have been provided with a load of tickets by our esteemed captain. Let's be honest, he does more for Belgium than he does for us.
I assume the OP meant the Drayton Arms pub near Drayton Park station which is opposite the stadium.

I assume the OP meant the Drayton Arms pub near Drayton Park station which is opposite the stadium.

That's right - the Drayton Arms. Thank you lancs blue.

They weren't major incidents but it is unpleasant for lifelong Blues to listen to such crap. I think the chavs were told where to go so alls well that ends well!

Explain the spelling rules
Plurals are usually a straight 's' without the apostrophe. So Cockneys, shoes, etc. You'd use an apostrophe as another way of saying 'is' , so 'The cockney is getting a bit annoyed' could also be written as 'The cockney's getting a bit annoyed'. Or 'this shoe's too tight'.

Another reason to use an apostrophe is, as you say, when it's used in a possessive way (e.g. the cockney's shoes, which is another and more elegant way of writing 'the cockney; his shoes'.

When its a plural (i.e. we're talking about the shoes of more than one cockney, the apostrophe comes after the plural, so it would be 'the cockneys' shoes', which is the combination of plural and possessive.

Plurals are usually a straight 's' without the apostrophe. So Cockneys, shoes, etc. You'd use an apostrophe as another way of saying 'is' , so 'The cockney is getting a bit annoyed' could also be written as 'The cockney's getting a bit annoyed'. Or 'this shoe's too tight'.

Another reason to use an apostrophe is, as you say, when it's used in a possessive way (e.g. the cockney's shoes, which is another and more elegant way of writing 'the cockney; his shoes'.

When its a plural (i.e. we're talking about the shoes of more than one cockney, the apostrophe comes after the plural, so it would be 'the cockneys' shoes', which is the combination of plural and possessive.

Take 2

that's it's not its.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.