"City Tearing Cockneys Apart Again"

Ok then I'd like to see them try, I've been a fan for over 10 years now and I'm not remotely from Manchester. I go to watch the away matches sometimes and no one bats an eyelid, the ones that ruin it for me are the drunken ones giving the home fans abuse for no reason. If there's young fans having a problem with people because of their not local accent then they need to get a fucking grip.

Plurals are usually a straight 's' without the apostrophe. So Cockneys, shoes, etc. You'd use an apostrophe as another way of saying 'is' , so 'The cockney is getting a bit annoyed' could also be written as 'The cockney's getting a bit annoyed'. Or 'this shoe's too tight'.

Another reason to use an apostrophe is, as you say, when it's used in a possessive way (e.g. the cockney's shoes, which is another and more elegant way of writing 'the cockney; his shoes'.

When its a plural (i.e. we're talking about the shoes of more than one cockney, the apostrophe comes after the plural, so it would be 'the cockneys' shoes', which is the combination of plural and possessive.
Very impressive, I struggle with the order letters go in the alphabet so thats pretty hardcore. Without the use of spellchecker I'd be useless with the written word, don't try and hide the fact I'm dyslexic nowadays.

Very impressive, I struggle with the order letters go in the alphabet so thats pretty hardcore. Without the use of spellchecker I'd be useless with the written word, don't try and hide the fact I'm dyslexic nowadays.
My brother-in-law keeps losing the "d" and "y" keys on his computer keyboard - I tell him that is because he supports the rags

I am from Scotland but have lived in Manchester area for 35 years,30 of which I've followed city. Used to go home and away but due to circumstances I fell away for a few years. Now just starting to get back on a regular basis and will most likely have a season ticket for next season. These little pricks have no idea why anyone not from Manchester support city and nor should it concern them.

Last edited:
Plurals are usually a straight 's' without the apostrophe. So Cockneys, shoes, etc. You'd use an apostrophe as another way of saying 'is' , so 'The cockney is getting a bit annoyed' could also be written as 'The cockney's getting a bit annoyed'. Or 'this shoe's too tight'.

Another reason to use an apostrophe is, as you say, when it's used in a possessive way (e.g. the cockney's shoes, which is another and more elegant way of writing 'the cockney; his shoes'.

When its a plural (i.e. we're talking about the shoes of more than one cockney, the apostrophe comes after the plural, so it would be 'the cockneys' shoes', which is the combination of plural and possessive.
It's a plural

We do seem to have a growing little subset of the away support which are daft young lads fancying themselves as football casuals or some kind of nonsense.

When we lost to Cardiff on the opening day of the season in 2013 a group of young lads, no older than about 18, barged past me and kicked a wing mirror off a parked car, only for handbags to ensue when a few middle aged Cardiff fans confronted them.

Had these fucking halfwits fighting around me and a mate as we tried to walk back to the train station.

Police diving on them, one running past shirtless and with a broken nose.

Even had one of the jumped up little halfwits ask me if I 'wanted some' only to immediately say 'you're alright' before I could respond after he saw the old City crest on the chest of a track top I was wearing.

Give us a bad name.

That's not to say all the young lads are cretins of course, even a lot who buy into that whole image will be proper blues who won't be starting needless trouble.

But there are some enormous whoppers among them, that's for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.