City to axe Mancini

Lancet Fluke said:
cibaman said:
The fact that they did not invoke the get out clause at the end of the 6 months, despite not finishing in the top 4, was surely as good an endorsement as any manager could expect?

Kind of but in my opinion (and it is just an opinion) the players assumed during the 6 months that there was a weakness there and tried to exploit it, especially as Mancini was, by all accounts, trying to lay the law down. He basically wasn't given the authority to come in and give the players shit. Now once the manager is in a situation where the players do not respect him because they don't feel he has authority then he has to try to change the perception of him which is going to be seriously difficult. Just expecting them to change what they have thought about him for 6 months, because he has been kept on, is too simplistic.

I sort of agree, but If his actions and behaviour commanded respect of the players that would come. You get caretaker managers appointed full time who don't have that problem.

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Kind of but in my opinion (and it is just an opinion) the players assumed during the 6 months that there was a weakness there and tried to exploit it, especially as Mancini was, by all accounts, trying to lay the law down. He basically wasn't given the authority to come in and give the players shit. Now once the manager is in a situation where the players do not respect him because they don't feel he has authority then he has to try to change the perception of him which is going to be seriously difficult. Just expecting them to change what they have thought about him for 6 months, because he has been kept on, is too simplistic.

I sort of agree, but If his actions and behaviour commanded respect of the players that would come. You get caretaker managers appointed full time who don't have that problem.

Why do you think he doesn't command respect Dave?

Lucky Toma said:
Havent read the preceding pages, just the link provided in the OP.

The story has less substance than a Jordan novel. They're basically just spewing out an overview of the speculation....which amounts to reheating dogshit.

lets leave katie price out of this!

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Caretaker managers are almost always people who are already at the club and have known the players for a long time. My view on caretaker managers is that the players would rather have a coach they know well get the job than an unknown so they work hard to get him the job. Then they take the piss and switch off badly because they didn't necessarily respect him, they just wanted the easy ride. Which is why almost always caretaker managers who get kept on are a total disaster.

GaudinoMotors said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Why do you think he doesn't command respect Dave?

The tidal wave of rumour, gossip, innuendo and downright accusations from the playing squad speaks volumes. It's gone on since day one.

everybody who think , write , and , maybe, really believe that mancini would had signed a 6 mounths trial period are just joking themself.

mancini hadn't any necessity of a work , he was very well payed on a contract until june 2012 , and he his too proud to accept a trial period.

people who keep talking about for months for this elusive trial are in bad faith. and the more they talk about it as a sure thing, a thing that only they know for certain, and the more they prove to be in bad faith

Didsbury Dave said:
Chippy_boy said:
It amazes me that anyone on this forum cannot understand what you have just posted.

If anyone has any doubt as to whether Mancini will be in charge until AT LEAST the end of the season, please read the above.

We have NO CHANCE of meeting the fair play rules if we spend again like we have done already. So there is NO CHANCE of big spending on the scale we have already seen. And NO CHANCE of changing the manager for someone who will want to bring new players in.

So please can we stop all this whinging about whether Mancini should/could/might be/will be sacked. IT ISN'T HAPPENING. EVER (more or less). Get over it.

We can debate all day how good or bad or deserving or undeserving our manager is. But the fact is he IS our manager and he isn't going anywhere.

You don't know any of the things you have stated as fact. They are your opinions.

It's also my opinion that you won't be hit by a meteorite this afternoon, although it's only my opinion and not fact.

Really Dave, this is all so completely pointless. Is there an infinitessimal chance that we could end up in the bottom 3 by February and that Mancini will get the push? Yes.

Is it going to happen? No.

So can we move on and stop bickering about it. There's far more interesting things to bicker about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.