City to be charged for booing Champions League jingle (anthem)

From UEFA's own website:

UEFA works and acts in accordance with eleven key values – appropriately the same number as the number of players in a football team.

The eleven values were first presented by UEFA President Michel Platini to representatives of UEFA's member national associations, delegates from the world football family and guests at the XXXIII Ordinary UEFA Congress in Copenhagen, Denmark in March 2009.

Each of the eleven values should serve as the basis for UEFA's future activities and dialogue, on behalf of European football, with the political, economic, social and sporting world.

They include the emphasis that football, and the need to defend its interests, must always be the first and most important element that UEFA takes into consideration in its work. UEFA should show leadership, but operate in consensus with all of football's stakeholders.

There is a commitment to good governance – openness, democracy, transparency and responsibility, with UEFA defending the autonomy of sports structures. The nurturing of football's grassroots, strengthening of solidarity within the game, and preserving football's identity and essential soul at all levels, are all important aspects of the European body's work.

here is the link if anyone wants to check it. http://www.uefa.org/about-uefa/eleven-values/
Took me about 10 seconds on google to find.

Shame their commitment to democracy apparently doesn't extend towards tolerating freedom of expression, isn't it?

This is, of course, good news. UEFA are going to look incredibly stupid and vain over this. And the gripes of City fans with UEFA will make European-wide news. i suspect that some of the fan's "statesmen" will be getting called by journos right now.

I just hope that clown from the supporter's club who said that Mancini's sacking was the darkest day in the club's history doesn't say something stupid. Or that woman who said that two thirds of fans didn't want Sven to be the new manager.

I would be the best fans' spokesman out there, obviously.

Didsbury Dave, get in the queue alongside me............ see what I did there? We could be the spokespeople together. :-)

Right to Freedom of Expression Eccles. UEFA cannot make or uphold a law that suppresses our rights as EU (or UK/Irish/French whatever) Citizens to express ourselves in a public place. Wouldn't be too surprised to see some politicians jumping on this one.

Aguero93.20 that's good, let's sue them for trying to take away that right. In fact maybe I will write to my MP about it. She could do with getting her name in the papers and supporting a Manchester Football team (in fact the ONLY Manchester team) should do it. ;-)

Although this is from 2013, it's there on page 13:

However, all associations and clubs are liable for the following inappropriate behaviour on the part of their supporters and may be subject to disciplinary measures and directives even if they can prove the absence of any negligence in relation to the organisation of the match: a) the invasion or attempted invasion of the field of play; b) the throwing of objects; c) the lighting of fireworks or any other objects; d) the use of laser pointers or similar electronic devices; e) the use of gestures, words, objects or any other means to transmit any message that is not fit for a sports event, particularly messages that are of a political, ideological, religious, offensive or provocative nature; f) acts of damage; g) the disruption of national or competition anthems; h) any other lack of order or discipline observed inside or around the stadium.

http://www.ecaeurope.com/Legal/UEFA Documents/2013_0241_Disciplinary Regulations 2013.pdf

Don't really see how we will be able to fight it tbh...

This would of only have happened to us, lets be honest. Whenever i get to a CL game...i have already and will continue to boo the corrupt fuckers. As someone eose said, we should refuse to cough up and take this pathetic statement of intent further.

Surely it's contentious attempting to define what actually constitutes "disrupting" an anthem.... if fans are signing Bluemoon, is that disruption? and what if everyone was playing a Kazoo? or if everyone dropped their keks? is that disruption?

Seen a Chelsea supporter complaining that they've been booing the anthem for years and have never been charged. He seem quite put out that it wasn't them. :D

Surely it's contentious attempting to define what actually constitutes "disrupting" an anthem.... if fans are signing Bluemoon, is that disruption? and what if everyone was playing a Kazoo? or if everyone dropped their keks? is that disruption?

My that made me laugh.

I think you need to pass these suggestions on to Alberto and the 1894 group. I think a combined dropping of keks whilst playing the kazoo would be particularly effective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.