City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City to expand Etihad to 60,000

citysince88 said:
spacecadet said:
mannycity said:
THIS IS A GREAT OPPURTUNITY

If our owners get it right we will end up with a fantastic stadium,with a fantastic atmosphere,The most critical thing for sure is finding the extra 12,000 supporters to fill the stadium,6,000 to start.
Season ticket prices have to be structured sensibly,if the prices are right were onto a winner,sellouts are what we want.good marketing and sales aimed at families,and blues who have stopped going for one reason or another,we all know blues who don't really go that much now.THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS INTEREST CAN BE ENCOURAGED

1.DEPOSITS ON SEATS/ BEFORE THE BUILD?
2.GROUPS/FAMILIES BOOKING SEATS TOGETHER?
3.SUPPORTERS CLUBS GETTING MEMBERS SAT TOGETHER?
4.HAVE A BUS CONVERTED/CUSTOMISED GOING ROUND GREATER MANCHESTER AND THE
NORTH WEST PROMOTING SEASON TICKETS/OR THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF MEMBERSHIPS?

I've waited 40 years for something like this,and it's all down to one person,thank you SHEIK MANSOUR MY LORD !

Ctid

Agree

A bus ! A bus selling season tickets ! Really..............

I agree but it cheered me up and put a smile on my face.<br /><br />-- Fri May 17, 2013 9:26 am --<br /><br />
Robbo. said:
Why are we doing this??

Everybody knows our owners are going to pull the plug anytime soon, we are all doomed as supporters!!

I know mate I'm shitting it, I can feel the bubble about to burst any minute! ;)

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
jrb said:
The thick ***** on Rag Cafe still aren't getting it.

Boy are they in for a shock.

Not sure what to make of the stadium expansion really. With all the empty seats they've had this season there's certainly no need for it now, but I guess they're planning ahead. I'm guessing they're also looking to squeeze out any possible income to help coping with the FFP and the owner most likely won't care about whether he actually gets money back from the investment or not.

But it's not just rags that don't get what is going on though, is it? In a way, I think it's quite funny reading and listening to what the majority think about City. I just let it pass now. The majority thinking the Sheikh will get bored and walk away is the most common misconception. Wishful thinking probably.

Anyway, like I said, it doesn't bother me because the refusal of the press to acknowledge and publish what is really going on just means that all the misconceptions will carry on until everyone gets out of bed one day in a few years time and, looking at what has been built, will look at each other and think 'Jeez, that is some way to run a football club'.

The club announced today that you could buy a ticket for £70.00 to travel on the Metrolink to all the games that City play at home if you have a seasoncard. I live near Altrincham, which means I can go to probably 26 home games for less than it would cost in petrol, but more than that, it's a much greener way to go the games than driving, and less than I would pay if I was to buy a ticket on an ad hoc basis.

As far as I'm aware, we are the only club in the country to give supporters the option of subsidised public transport, but I have not seen a peep of it in the press.

In our first year of trams calling at the ground, we now have cheap public transport offered to us. United have had that option for over 20 years, and I bet it hasn't even entered their heads.

The world can take the piss out of us as much as they like, but it won't be too long before they start looking at us as being the club to emulate. And the best bit is, it will be too late by then!

We'll be flying so high they will be struggling to keep up with us.

Great post that mate, the tide will change soon enough

cant wait to see what the collar site development will be, GX says it will blow us away!

Scareye said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
portisheadblue said:
Just wondering ..... why is such fundamentally good news for all City fans still not on the OS .... and why was it leaked to a hack in the first place ....??????

to stop us moaning about the manager being sacked

More like to take our minds off a season ticket hike!

hardly a "hike".

average rises of 9-12% is a big hike in times like these

Mayor West said:
GX City, is the artist impression at all accurate? I rememeber you saying the plans are mind blowing, looks a bit basic to me? Or was I expecting too much?

That's exactly what I thought.

Exciting times ahead.

Hopefully City have some creative ideas for improving the atmosphere on match days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.