City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City to expand Etihad to 60,000

DiscoSteve said:
Falastur said:
AJ71 said:
I thought GX City suggested a few months ago that the extra tier will be built within the existing roofline (i.e. the roof at the South / North Stands will remain as they are)? The images look like that's the case to me. I could of course be wrong though?

Yeah, pretty much this. It's going to be inside the roof.
And I fail to see how they can fit 6,000 in at each end with that constraint... !?

The picture posted a few pages back, mocked up by the MEN, does a pretty good job of showing how it can be done.

jrb said:
The thick ***** on Rag Cafe still aren't getting it.

Boy are they in for a shock.

Not sure what to make of the stadium expansion really. With all the empty seats they've had this season there's certainly no need for it now, but I guess they're planning ahead. I'm guessing they're also looking to squeeze out any possible income to help coping with the FFP and the owner most likely won't care about whether he actually gets money back from the investment or not.

But it's not just rags that don't get what is going on though, is it? In a way, I think it's quite funny reading and listening to what the majority think about City. I just let it pass now. The majority thinking the Sheikh will get bored and walk away is the most common misconception. Wishful thinking probably.

Anyway, like I said, it doesn't bother me because the refusal of the press to acknowledge and publish what is really going on just means that all the misconceptions will carry on until everyone gets out of bed one day in a few years time and, looking at what has been built, will look at each other and think 'Jeez, that is some way to run a football club'.

The club announced today that you could buy a ticket for £70.00 to travel on the Metrolink to all the games that City play at home if you have a seasoncard. I live near Altrincham, which means I can go to probably 26 home games for less than it would cost in petrol, but more than that, it's a much greener way to go the games than driving, and less than I would pay if I was to buy a ticket on an ad hoc basis.

As far as I'm aware, we are the only club in the country to give supporters the option of subsidised public transport, but I have not seen a peep of it in the press.

In our first year of trams calling at the ground, we now have cheap public transport offered to us. United have had that option for over 20 years, and I bet it hasn't even entered their heads.

The world can take the piss out of us as much as they like, but it won't be too long before they start looking at us as being the club to emulate. And the best bit is, it will be too late by then!

We'll be flying so high they will be struggling to keep up with us.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
jrb said:
The thick ***** on Rag Cafe still aren't getting it.

Boy are they in for a shock.

Not sure what to make of the stadium expansion really. With all the empty seats they've had this season there's certainly no need for it now, but I guess they're planning ahead. I'm guessing they're also looking to squeeze out any possible income to help coping with the FFP and the owner most likely won't care about whether he actually gets money back from the investment or not.

But it's not just rags that don't get what is going on though, is it? In a way, I think it's quite funny reading and listening to what the majority think about City. I just let it pass now. The majority thinking the Sheikh will get bored and walk away is the most common misconception. Wishful thinking probably.

Anyway, like I said, it doesn't bother me because the refusal of the press to acknowledge and publish what is really going on just means that all the misconceptions will carry on until everyone gets out of bed one day in a few years time and, looking at what has been built, will look at each other and think 'Jeez, that is some way to run a football club'.

The club announced today that you could buy a ticket for £70.00 to travel on the Metrolink to all the games that City play at home if you have a seasoncard. I live near Altrincham, which means I can go to probably 26 home games for less than it would cost in petrol, but more than that, it's a much greener way to go the games than driving, and less than I would pay if I was to buy a ticket on an ad hoc basis.

As far as I'm aware, we are the only club in the country to give supporters the option of subsidised public transport, but I have not seen a peep of it in the press.

In our first year of trams calling at the ground, we now have cheap public transport offered to us. United have had that option for over 20 years, and I bet it hasn't even entered their heads.

The world can take the piss out of us as much as they like, but it won't be too long before they start looking at us as being the club to emulate. And the best bit is, it will be too late by then!

We'll be flying so high they will be struggling to keep up with us.
Fucking great post. Not everyone displays willful blindness, just those who will not see. A mate of mine who supports a club in the Championship asked to see the link to the academy development video the other day, as he was genuinely interested. Needless to say he was blown away by it.

The Sheikh (although that is greatly over-simplifying our ownership) "getting bored" line is still occasionally used from time to time, from those that are still bitter and/or bewildered about our current place in the world of football. This is, some five years on from the takeover, comical, and defies all reason. As I say to them : how could anyone get bored of owning a leading football club? There can't be many more enjoyable vocations/hobbies under the sun. I'm certainly struggling to think of anything that could be better.

Falastur said:
The picture posted a few pages back, mocked up by the MEN, does a pretty good job of showing how it can be done.
No mate , that is showing a new roof.
We will no doubt be building new sections of roof suspended off new higher sections of cable suspensions ( connected into the existing ring) supported off new supporting tower structures sat on new spiral access ramps.
These towers may well be off set from the existing spacing or the south stand boys may well get wet for a while until we have a new south stand roof section.

another generation said:
ban-mcfc said:
SuperYaya said:
Which was the one game we didn't sell out?
West brom i think, it was v near to sell out though.
Mine and my mate's fault, I'm afraid. We were over when the match first should have been played, but we'd gone back by the time it got played.

It only attracted 36.000.

Just wondering ..... why is such fundamentally good news for all City fans still not on the OS .... and why was it leaked to a hack in the first place ....??????

portisheadblue said:
Just wondering ..... why is such fundamentally good news for all City fans still not on the OS .... and why was it leaked to a hack in the first place ....??????

to stop us moaning about the manager being sacked

In which case why not put it where it should go - on the OS ....!!!!!

Why give it to a hack who consistently writes crap about us ....????? To me it just stinks of poor PR strategy and tactics.

Cheers

The picture was done by someone on here! It's not an artist sketch nor owt like that it's a fucking quick and dirty photoshop!

If city employed a pro architect and came up with something as naff as that then we'd never be taken seriously ever again

No offence to the poster that made the pic btw, I know it was only supposed to be a mock up.

mansour's tow ropes said:
portisheadblue said:

to stop us moaning about the manager being sacked

More like to take our minds off a season ticket hike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.