City to have fourth kit next season

Rather understated that Ric ;)
There never really was a need to move on from 2 kits for each team (that probably makes me a foc).
There's not much I like about US sport, but kit wise they have it right. Away side wears white (yes I know there are several football teams in this country who play in white but it's not that difficult to manage). Pretty simple really

What sport is this in?

It is things such as this which give lie to the generally accepted idea that our sponsorships are overinflated and bogus.

Why would Puma and our various shirt sponsors be so eager to have more of our shirts out there if this wasn't great business for them? They are on board for this because they know we are the Best Team in the Land and All the World.

If people are going to buy them then City are going to produce them.

The red and black cheque away shirt was the last one I owned so probably not going to affect me too much… :-)

Good opportunity for the independent regulator to bring some sense to the chaos that is the kit market. Every kit released should have to be used for 2 season IMHO

Brentford have made a big deal out of the fact that they’re changing their home shirt every two years rather than 12 months as a gesture to the fans. This is the first season of the two year cycle - hence 2023-25.
And so they should. 10-15 years ago, all the clubs committed to only changing kits every two years. There was even a "use by" date on shirts for a short time. As ever though, football fans in this country bend over and get royally shafted without batting an eyelid.

And so they should. 10-15 years ago, all the clubs committed to only changing kits every two years. There was even a "use by" date on shirts for a short time. As ever though, football fans in this country bend over and get royally shafted without batting an eyelid.
I don't get this way of thinking, it's not a mandatory purchase. If you have kids you can always tell them no as well.

I don't get this way of thinking, it's not a mandatory purchase. If you have kids you can always tell them no as well.
What way of thinking? I think Brentford have done a good thing making their kit last for two years and think the others shouldn't have pledged to do something that they didn't then stick to.

I haven't bought a current season's shirt since the maroon in 2017/18. My eldest lad buys his own unless I get him one for Christmas, my middle one is happy with one shirt out of the three per season and my youngest isn't arsed at all.

Not that I need to explain that to you.

What way of thinking? I think Brentford have done a good thing making their kit last for two years and think the others shouldn't have pledged to do something that they didn't then stick to.

I haven't bought a current season's shirt since the maroon in 2017/18. My eldest lad buys his own unless I get him one for Christmas, my middle one is happy with one shirt out of the three per season and my youngest isn't arsed at all.

Not that I need to explain that to you.
And yet you did, although I might have nodded off half way through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.