City to lay a wreath at scene of Munich air crash today.

spanishblue said:
CTID1988 said:
jimharri said:
Hilarious.

Ssssh. So it just me who think it should be put to bed now? Its been 50 years. Clearly a publicity stunt anyway

Its called respect

Publicity stunt ??? is a term i would expect from a low life rag it is exactly the way some of there brain dead fans would see it

We have paid enough respect over the years. Leave the year after year vigils to the scum and scousers and let the dead rest in peace

Great gesture once again from our club, but let's draw a line in the sand regarding Munich.
Of course it was a tragic historical event and the nobheads who celebrated it by singing those shite songs over the years were bang out of order.
However,we paid our respects impeccably on the 50th anniversary and we're doing so again today. But, if I'm totally honest, I'm sick of hearing about it.

CTID1988 said:
jimharri said:
CTID1988 said:
Its a joke.
Hilarious.

Ssssh. So it just me who think it should be put to bed now? Its been 50 years. Clearly a publicity stunt anyway

No it is not just you

I would not make jokes about it or intentionaly disrespect any dead from any incident - but I do think that this event is going on and on.

There have been countless tragedies over the years that had far more impact than this incident that are simply forgotten over time so why perpetuate this one

The only thing that I am aware of the scum actively doing in response to this tregedy is to exploit the incident for self-serving reasons whilst acting in a manner totally lacking in class to the families of the dead.

So why are we doing something to bring the subject up again?

Are we going to lay wreaths in Naples in recognition of the WWII bombing, or wreaths on the beaches of Normandy should we ever play Caen, or other tragedies wherevever we go?

There will be many occasions in the future when it would be appropriate to show a mark of respect but for me this particular incident - tragic as it was at the time - is not of a magnitude that warrants the attention it gets - and we should not add to the manner in which it has been abused to glorify a football club

mcfc1632 said:
So why are we doing something to bring the subject up again?

Are we going to lay wreaths in Naples in recognition of the WWII bombing, or wreaths on the beaches of Normandy should we ever play Caen, or other tragedies wherevever we go?

There will be many occasions in the future when it would be appropriate to show a mark of respect but for me this particular incident - tragic as it was at the time - is not of a magnitude that warrants the attention it gets - and we should not add to the manner in which it has been abused to glorify a football club

Frank Swift was a former Manchester City goalkeeper who died in the crash. This is the clubs first professional fixture to Munich.

THAT's the reason.

I cannot recall any former City player or personnel who played for Napoli who perished in the disaster, but if they did, then yes we would. The club has been given the opportunity through the strength and rise of the team, to play against a Munich based club where they can pay their respects.

Can you imagine the media backlash had City gone to Munich and NOT paid respects to Frank Swift?

That comment would work if the articles published quoting CITY mentioned that we are doing this in the memory of Frank - they do not. The comments from CITY are about the 'loss of Manchester' and for the entire world (apart from you it would seem) - the Munich aiir crash is synonymous with the loss to Manchester United

So cheap shot misses I am afraid

mcfc1632 said:
That comment would work if the articles published quoting CITY mentioned that we are doing this in the memory of Frank - they do not. The comments from CITY are about the 'loss of Manchester' and for the entire world (apart from you it would seem) - the Munich aiir crash is synonymous with the loss to Manchester United

Who cares what the press think.

That's the reason why the club have done this. They can't pay respects to the loss of Swift without also paying respects to everyone else who died, can they.

Do you hate United THAT much you cannot just for a single moment allow City to show some class and pay their respects to a fallen player, a legend i might add, without focusing on how it's connected to that lot?

Mëtal Bikër said:
mcfc1632 said:

Who cares what the press think.

That's the reason why the club have done this. Do you hate United THAT much you cannot just for a single moment allow City to show some class and pay their respects to a fallen player, a legend i might add, without focusing on how it's connected to that lot?

You are going off on a tangent so I will leave it.........

I RESPECT everyone's right to have an opinion - you, CTID1988 - and you perhaps should respect mine

I was clear as to my opinion in my first post - I think that it is an entirely valid opinion and I suspect it (or shades of it) is shared by many other blues

Oh and if my opinion is so wrong - why do you think the media have been straight over to the swamp to ask slur alex his view . I have not seen a single mention in the quotes of Frank apart from being tagged onto the comments on the loss of the Busby babes..

I choose not to get diverted down your narrow tangent

mcfc1632 said:
You are going off on a tangent so I will leave it.........

I RESPECT everyone's right to have an opinion - you, CTID1988 - and you perhaps should respect mine

I was clear as to my opinion in my first post - I think that it is an entirely valid opinion and I suspect it (or shades of it) is shared by many other blues

Oh and if my opinion is so wrong - why do you think the media have been straight over to the swamp to ask slur alex his view . I have not seen a single mention in the quotes of Frank apart from being tagged onto the comments on the loss of the Busby babes..

I choose not to get diverted down your narrow tangent
I could respect it...

...if it made any sort of sense.

"You don't like City paying respect to the Munich Air Disaster because it brings the topic up again and you're worried that it gives the press an opportunity to have a go at City or spin it so it makes the club look classless?"

Is that the gist of what you're saying? If so then yeah, i'll leave it at that. I and others personally think this is a grand gesture by the club. But each to his own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.