City to lay a wreath at scene of Munich air crash today.

being nearly fifty,and i like to think level headed.i have respect for the dead and their families,especially franks (rip).but i have had enough of the glorification that they love and promote from this tragedy,the club and the media!they get away scott fre with the pure evil they sing about istanbul,hillsborugh and even russian submarines plus the vile they wrote about foe,never mind the way they treated the players families.the whole thing stinks,but hey never mind its busbys babes wre talking about,WELL FUCK EM ALL !! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS BOLLOCKS !!<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:29 pm --<br /><br />dr mick,just seen your post,well said son.

Just out of curiosity, how did they treat the families of the victims?

Anyway, nice gesture from the club. I remember a few years back, we played Liverpool at Eastlands, on the aniversary of Hillsbrough, and the clubs flags were put at halfmast, and Barton laid down a wreath infront of the Liverpool fans.

I wonder if anyone whos posted in the last 6 pages participated in the chat of
'Dirty munich bastard' aimed at phil neville at the weekend?

Unknown_Genius said:
Just out of curiosity, how did they treat the families of the victims?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.munich58.co.uk/articles/wood1.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.munich58.co.uk/articles/wood1.asp</a>

mcfc1632 said:
CTID1988 said:
jimharri said:
Hilarious.

Ssssh. So it just me who think it should be put to bed now? Its been 50 years. Clearly a publicity stunt anyway

No it is not just you

I would not make jokes about it or intentionaly disrespect any dead from any incident - but I do think that this event is going on and on.

There have been countless tragedies over the years that had far more impact than this incident that are simply forgotten over time so why perpetuate this one

The only thing that I am aware of the scum actively doing in response to this tregedy is to exploit the incident for self-serving reasons whilst acting in a manner totally lacking in class to the families of the dead.

So why are we doing something to bring the subject up again?

Are we going to lay wreaths in Naples in recognition of the WWII bombing, or wreaths on the beaches of Normandy should we ever play Caen, or other tragedies wherevever we go?

There will be many occasions in the future when it would be appropriate to show a mark of respect but for me this particular incident - tragic as it was at the time - is not of a magnitude that warrants the attention it gets - and we should not add to the manner in which it has been abused to glorify a football club

It will continue to be brought up and be present in the press for as long as a section of our fans use it in reference to United fans, particularly in match-day songs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.