City to start charging blue badge holders for matchday disabled parking

Just find it a bit sad that we have no players in the squad who are brave enough to ever say something about the problems fans face.

Be it match day ticket prices, charging the disabled, the shambles in Istanbul, the fcking off of legacy fans...

I'm sure if there was an Instagram post from one of them to highlight issues like the disabled parking, it would be solved overnight.

Always got the feeling that Vinny was closest to knowing what was going on with the fans. But get the feeling that most now, like the club, just don't give a shite.

I know being a top level footballer isn’t comparable to an ordinary job. They’re not going to sack an asset worth £100 million to them for a trivial matter.

But at the same time, I’m sure their contracts will be similar to most people’s in regard to them being expressly forbidden from saying anything publicly that could be seen as criticism of their employer.

Yes I had the same survey. My response was generally V good.

Some disabled supporters are on benefit income only so the amount being asked for the parking might be prohibitive for them. It's no issue for us pay but I do think that club could have made some spaces free of charge for those you can't.
Absolutely! The government are cutting some payments to pensioners but keeping
those payments to those on certain benefits. Surely the club can let those who are only on disability benefit income to park free of charge. Those who can afford to pay should do ,the same as everyone else. I am disgusted by their actions.

I don’t see how mass fraudulent use is possible at City. You have to provide a photo of front & back of your blue badge. This identifies the issuing authority, the badge number, the expiry date and the name AND PHOTOGRAPH of the person for whom it is issued. This is then recorded by the club against the ticket holder

Ive never said it was mass fraud, I said I wouldn’t be surprised if it contributory factor. you don’t know how many passes have been refused by the club for misuse.

Ive never said it was mass fraud, I said I wouldn’t be surprised if it contributory factor. you don’t know how many passes have been refused by the club for misuse.
I never said you did, but that is what it would take to be of relevance.
The point I’m making is it is difficult to even register a blue badge with the club, as you need to verify your disability, supply a photo of the badge which has all your details on; this is then registered against the ticket holder and the vehicle. If I remember correctly, the post from DSA above mentions a number of 369 disabled fans. Seems low to me

Maybe they're hoping a few disabled supporters sack it off completely. The club gets 2 full priced seats available instead of 1 disabled with concessions and 1 free carer.

My seat costs me £550. I get a free carer. My mates seat, which is behind, pays £850.

Happy to give the hostile media free parking, access, free drinks, free food, but can't cover our disabled/aged fans parking. A sad state of affairs.
I doubt they are “happy” but they have no choice due to the PL rules.
I feel the club should have spent a little more time looking at this issue and maybe have come up with a schemes where the holders who have small income could apply for free parking, rather than just blanket free parking for holders

in my opinion car parking everywhere should be based on need. I know of quite a few blue badge owners who need to park close to where they want to go and facilities should be made available for them.Payment for parking is another thing! If someone is on a benefit which is specifically designed for people who are considered to be in financial difficulty (and in work or considered medically unable to work) then parking should be free for them. I do not see a need to allow people, who are financially stable, to park free when everyone else (working or retired) have to pay. the only concern for disabled people should be to provide parking as near as possible to the place they want to go.

Interesting the £200 fuel allowance has been discontinued for pensioners except for those on certain benefits. It is only yesterday that the government stated that they consider the State Pension a "benefit" even though pensioners have payed into the system ( which is in reality an insurance policy) for up to 40 years. On this logic maybe all pensioners should get free parking everywhere?

Just my opinion!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.