City TV

For the amount of content you get, no way is this worth £4.99 a month.

You can get the standard Netflix subscription (with adverts) for £4.99 a month.
For £13.25 a month you can get the entire BBC service and watch all live television.

£1.99 was more than suitable for what you get with City+. £2.50 spread over the £30 option is what I’ll do, or I’ll sack it off and wait until everything is on the YouTube channel for free a few months later. But it should be free for season ticket holders this anyway.

If the price is increasing, I expect the product to improve. What new things are going to come with their increase of prices?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had my email through for a price increase and cancelled it. Very rarely use it as they put most stuff on YouTube anyway. Been paying £1.99 for a couple of years, but I'm not paying a fiver a month for something that's never used. Think a lot of people are going to cancel subscriptions to this now.

Pure greed from the club this
How do I cancel?

I have moved to the £30 per year option even though I rarely use it as it means I am making some contribution to the club - only get to a handful of games nowadays. Should really go to more as the good times may not last forever.
How do I do this option?

30quid a year isnt to bad.
Living down here in kent its great for watching kids games, I enjoy watching them, play some great football and are light years ahead of any other club.
I can get the watch the first team full matches also City TV do some really good films/videos.

Its basically a 6quid rise which down here is one less pint a year

People saying the £30 option makes this all fine. Still an increase for no apparent improvement. I only have it for the odd live game, so still a no from me.

Yeah, same mate. If it hadn't come off the back of an increase in the season tickets I probably wouldn't mind as much, but it just feels like a needless money grab. After winning the treble the club has generated more prize money than ever before and they're trying to extort a few extra quid a month from the fans, in this financial climate? Distasteful.

When did you receive the email?
received mine yesterday
not written in clear English

As of 1st July 2023, the price of CITY+ will increase from £2.99 a month to £4.99 a month, or £34.99 for 12 months, equivalent to £2.91 a month (a saving of £24 based on a £4.99 monthly subscription).

[so is this £2.99 or £4.99/month and how do you get £34.99/year ?]

As an Official Cityzens Member, we are pleased to announce that we have introduced a new annual CITY+ subscription offer exclusively for you for £30 for 12 months, equivalent to £2.50 month (a saving of £29 based on the £4.99 monthly subscription). To choose this option, click below.

[so it's really £30/year ? And how is that a saving when I can't see how I would pay £4.99 ?]

Anyway, clicked the button and all worked fine.
Now paying £30/year or £2.50/month instead of £2.99/month or is that £4.99/month or is that £34.99/year?

No wonder transfers take so long to negotiate.

For the amount of content you get, no way is this worth £4.99 a month.

You can get the standard Netflix subscription (with adverts) for £4.99 a month.
For £13.25 a month you can get the entire BBC service and watch all live television.

£1.99 was more than suitable for what you get with City+. £2.50 spread over the £30 option is what I’ll do, or I’ll sack it off and wait until everything is on the YouTube channel for free a few months later. But it should be free for season ticket holders this anyway.

If the price is increasing, I expect the product to improve. What new things are going to come with their increase of prices?
Exactly right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.