City v AC Milan post match thread

Exactly!

Take the Community Shield alone, Arsenal done us a few times, Leicester, Liverpool and the Rags all done us...

We all know the outcome of those seasons.

Champions.
Remember when we won the FA Cup under Mancini and lost to the rags in the CC having been 2 up at half time?
We were told the rags handed us a reminder as to who the top dogs in the city are, that the rags were going to retain the title and that City were going to be chasing their tail again......
2 months later we went to the Swamp and spanked them 6-1 on the way to winning the title

The last 3 or 4 pre seasons I've been critical of the lack of friendlies, crap results in friendlies and players played in friendlies. And each season we have won the PL.
2 defeats in 2 games? No problem at all for me this pre season
But the media will try and make it into a crisis to get certain sections giddy as fuck we know what’s coming I don’t see any team bar arsenal challenging us again..

Bobb once again the star of the show, be hard for him not to get a start in the shield at the very least and probably Chelsea first game too at this rate.

grealish in contrast was really underwhelming, he above anybody needs a pre-season like Bobb is having, he's got to do a hell of a lot more. Grealish was shown what to do in 2 different positions by kids for our second goal, Hamilton did what Jack doesn't do and took his man on, got a good cross in and then mcatee showed great scoring instincts to get himself on the end of that cross, whilst grealish lurked around the edge.

Rico never seems to work as inverted fullback from the left. He is so much better from the right. whilst his versatility is very useful for us, he probably needs to be limited to a few positions now at least for a period in order to properly develop his game. He seems to see himself as an 8, he can do it, but i don't think he has an obvious future there for us, he'd be more useful to us if he could be a 6 or fullback.

Phillips actually had a good near half hour, then he made that massive fuck up and his head went. At this point it's more of a mental thing than anything, lad needs a clean break.

Susoho impressed first half despite some slating him for being out of position. lots of talent there, want to see him get some minutes in his actual position though, gvardiol getting involved late on may help with that for the remaining friendlies.

Once again though Doyle was the one who looks most ready to be a part of the squad from the kids, can tell he has played men's football for 2 years. I think another loan would probably be more beneficial over a cover role here however it should be for a premier league side, another year in the championship isn't going to push him much, he's better than that now, staying here even just for the training and not playing would be better than the championship if we can't find him a good prem loan.

Mcatee was much better tonight than in his first game, need to see him when we've got a midfield that can dominate to see what he can do, kovacic could help there if he's ready for barca.

Why is pep giving Rico and Bobb two 90 minutes in thr space of a few days? Just find it odd he's not bringing them off even if it's after 80 minutes, we've got plenty of options
Good post, as always. I hit on most of the same points. I really like what I've seen from Susoho. I assume he's not going anywhere on loan as there's been no news about it, but I'd think it'd be good for him.

I fear we will be slow out of the blocks again. We won’t be up to speed for a good while. Hopefully we can get a proper defence on the pitch before Wembley. The maroon kit looked good and should be our second kit.
Not going to happen. There won't be anyone else back before the tour ends, crazy to say this given we've had 1 senior defender on the pitch for 10 minutes so far but we actually only have 5 defenders missing such is the lack of depth there.

ake, akanji and dias all due back monday after the tour ends and walker and stones may return then but will get even longer if they want it.

Let's say they all return on the Monday and don't need longer, I could be chatting out of my arse here i obviously dont know their schedule but I could imagine a scenario where it's something like, first day back, the monday is strictly testing with maybe a light warm up session later on, tuesday is probably individual training or working just within the group just returning and behind the rest. We travel Friday. So they're probably getting 2 days of training if they're lucky before the shield.

That would ordinarily lead me to suggest we might see more of this current pre-season squad involved in the shield however they'll all come back in good shape and all will need some minutes as that will be the only pre-season game the majority of our side get so pep probably just sticks them all in.

I don't expect us to look anywhere close to being ready come the shield and suspect we will once again lose that game but this has always been Peps way and his record is rather decent.

Impressed by the performances all round, not worried about the score. Excited by Bobb, McAtee, Hamilton, Lewis, and the Swedish trialist gave a great showing of himself. Another 90 mins under the belt for those who are back.

Phillips is looking better than he did at West Ham, obviously he's not back to his prime but there is good to be said about his performance, I'd have loved for that header to have gone in for him, but the fact he was there is good for me and he looked more comfortable with his defensive duties too, apart from one mistake. Pep happy with him opting to switch up play with a more adventurous pass.

My biggest takeaway from the match, aside from what most of us already knew (Bobb’s your uncle), was that Callum Doyle looks incredibly assured, just does not get phased under pressure, and has a knack for doing exactly what he needs to do to defend well, especially one-on-one chances. Oh, and he is a unit.

It’s too bad that we don’t really need another CB at present, otherwise I would say he should stay with the senior squad this season.

Remember when we won the FA Cup under Mancini and lost to the rags in the CC having been 2 up at half time?
We were told the rags handed us a reminder as to who the top dogs in the city are, that the rags were going to retain the title and that City were going to be chasing their tail again......
2 months later we went to the Swamp and spanked them 6-1 on the way to winning the title
Do you remember Granny Shaggers interview after that Charity Shield game?

His words "We gave City a footballing lesson"...

2 months later we put 6 past them at the swamp...

In the reverse fixture at The Etihad, They failed to have a single shot on target.

Gone are the days we go over to Isle of Man for a friendly and scrape a 2-1
Win or up to Scotland to play Kilmarnock[

Gone are the days we go over to Isle of Man for a friendly and scrape a 2-1
Win or up to Scotland to play Kilmarnock
One of my favourite experiences following City, 30 years ago the ferry trip from Heysham over to the IOM, for a pre season tournament, the Irish sea was like the Mediterranean that day, hundreds of blues pissed up, singing away for three hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.