City v AC Milan post match thread

I reckon Oscar bobb and Rico Lewis could make the step this season, some more talent whose development been excellently managed by pep.
Only midwits and the willfully ignorant think pep isn’t good at managing young talent.

I do think Oscar should change his name though, it’s not really a star name, you know?

I don't mind Phillips or any player making a mistake. But a player being irrelevant is just not acceptable. We play with 10 players when he is on the pitch. He doesn't foul, he doesn't tackle, he doesn't intercept, he doesn't block, he doesn't create, he doesn't run. I'd be shocked if any of the kids over 18 years of age couldn't do a better job at some element that impacted the game.

We can not play him again ever. He is only preventing us from seeing another possible solution in midfield.

Again, I've no issues with mistakes. They might look bad but that's ok. He just doesn't try or he just can't do it. Poor guy needs a future elsewhere now.

Typical pre-seaon game.
That last goal, dedender should be closer but Eddy should be saving that.
Not being too harsh on the young lads though.
Looks like we're going to start the CS with a team of kids and a barely fit squad for the start of the season and we look mile's off it.
Barca next which will be tough and can't see us wanting to show our hand in the Chelsea game and we play them in the league 15 days later.
The PL won't be nearly as forgiving and neither will those red bastards in 14 days from today. Bit concerning but Pep knows the score.
They are already ahead against Arse...

I can see us on the end of a cricket score in that Charity Shield game.

How many did they send to Euros? 2?

I couldn’t give too fucks if we lose the next 3 pre season games I’ve included the game against the rags as it’ll mean so much more to them thinking and getting giddy and I’ll happily settle for that as long as we win the league again and a bonus of champions league :-)

Bobb once again the star of the show, be hard for him not to get a start in the shield at the very least and probably Chelsea first game too at this rate.

grealish in contrast was really underwhelming, he above anybody needs a pre-season like Bobb is having, he's got to do a hell of a lot more. Grealish was shown what to do in 2 different positions by kids for our second goal, Hamilton did what Jack doesn't do and took his man on, got a good cross in and then mcatee showed great scoring instincts to get himself on the end of that cross, whilst grealish lurked around the edge.

Rico never seems to work as inverted fullback from the left. He is so much better from the right. whilst his versatility is very useful for us, he probably needs to be limited to a few positions now at least for a period in order to properly develop his game. He seems to see himself as an 8, he can do it, but i don't think he has an obvious future there for us, he'd be more useful to us if he could be a 6 or fullback.

Phillips actually had a good near half hour, then he made that massive fuck up and his head went. At this point it's more of a mental thing than anything, lad needs a clean break.

Susoho impressed first half despite some slating him for being out of position. lots of talent there, want to see him get some minutes in his actual position though, gvardiol getting involved late on may help with that for the remaining friendlies.

Once again though Doyle was the one who looks most ready to be a part of the squad from the kids, can tell he has played men's football for 2 years. I think another loan would probably be more beneficial over a cover role here however it should be for a premier league side, another year in the championship isn't going to push him much, he's better than that now, staying here even just for the training and not playing would be better than the championship if we can't find him a good prem loan.

Mcatee was much better tonight than in his first game, need to see him when we've got a midfield that can dominate to see what he can do, kovacic could help there if he's ready for barca.

Why is pep giving Rico and Bobb two 90 minutes in thr space of a few days? Just find it odd he's not bringing them off even if it's after 80 minutes, we've got plenty of options

I fear we will be slow out of the blocks again. We won’t be up to speed for a good while. Hopefully we can get a proper defence on the pitch before Wembley. The maroon kit looked good and should be our second kit.

Typical pre-seaon game.
That last goal, dedender should be closer but Eddy should be saving that.
Not being too harsh on the young lads though.
Looks like we're going to start the CS with a team of kids and a barely fit squad for the start of the season and we look mile's off it.
Barca next which will be tough and can't see us wanting to show our hand in the Chelsea game and we play them in the league 15 days later.
The PL won't be nearly as forgiving and neither will those red bastards in 14 days from today. Bit concerning but Pep knows the score.
We'll be fine don't worry!

I couldn’t give too fucks if we lose the next 3 pre season games I’ve included the game against the rags as it’ll mean so much more to them thinking and getting giddy and I’ll happily settle for that as long as we win the league again and a bonus of champions league :-)
Exactly!

Take the Community Shield alone, Arsenal done us a few times, Leicester, Liverpool and the Rags all done us...

We all know the outcome of those seasons.

Champions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.