City v Arsenal post match discussion

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Just got in from the game.

Thoughts..Clichy was my man of the match today for me. The rest were distinctly average.

Dzeko - I have been a huge critic but his best game for ages.very surprised to see him come off when Sergio was clearly knackered.

Lescott - Yet another good headed goal but then he goes and fucks up with an abysmal headed clearance. He is a good premiership defender but not world class by any means. Oh for a Carlos Puyol with his dominance in the air.

I am concerned with the lack of team spirit at the moment again. They just don't seem together.

Oh well not going to moan and slag the team. Arsenal were good today and they bossed the middle. Who knows with a little more luck VK's overheader and Sergios follow up could have gone in but we are 4 pts behind.

People need to fucking chill and realise it is a long long season.

Can I just mention the round of applause at the start of the game. Well done city supporters.
clichy m.o.m. your taking the piss

Blumers Bloomers said:
nikatomcfc said:
Javi Garcia was a disgrace today
he is too tall to play with yaya
we need someone like DJ.a quick guy.

there were too much spaces left,when Arsenal attacked us.

He is too tall to play with Yaya????!!!! I've read some nonsense on here today but that will take some beating!

How about we trial the 6'4 Usain Bolt ?

"to tall" hehehe, I like you nikatomcfc.

summerseat blue said:

Thoughts..Clichy was my man of the match today for me. The rest were distinctly average.

Dzeko - I have been a huge critic but his best game for ages.very surprised to see him come off when Sergio was clearly knackered.

Lescott - Yet another good headed goal but then he goes and fucks up with an abysmal headed clearance. He is a good premiership defender but not world class by any means. Oh for a Carlos Puyol with his dominance in the air.

I am concerned with the lack of team spirit at the moment again. They just don't seem together.

Oh well not going to moan and slag the team. Arsenal were good today and they bossed the middle. Who knows with a little more luck VK's overheader and Sergios follow up could have gone in but we are 4 pts behind.

Can I just mention the round of applause at the start of the game. Well done city supporters.
clichy m.o.n. your taking the piss

Go on then enlighten me.

Clichy did fuck all wrong today and he has been by far the most consistent this season. He very rarely puts a foot wrong. Rapidly becoming one of my favourite players.

Yaya_Tony said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Yaya_Tony said:
We didn't play well and still drew, against an arse team previously on fire. Some of the lads in this thread need to realise what fucking game we play here. Football doesn't always go your own way, we have enough quality to pick it up over a season.
You make out as though we were unlucky not to win it. We were miles off the pace and have been poor all season.

A lot of people would of left today thinking we were lucky to take a point.

People know what game we are playing, they are probably hoping Mancini reverts back to what worked last season and go to 4231 instead of 442 or 352. We look all over the shop defensively.
If we started with "one striker", people would be calling for Mancini's head for being too defensive. I agree there was an element of luck which allowed us to get a point today, but a bit more luck and it could have been 3. Taking the long view, there is still a long way to go and it is a point vs a good arsenal side. If in May we win by one point, today will have been pivotal.
It's not hard for Tevez to drop deeper when we lose the ball.

--Garcia----Barry--
Tevez--Yaya--Silva
--------Aguero------

Mancini would not get any shit for that. Like De Niro said 'if its not broke don't fix it'. Switch back to 4231 and knock the 442 shit on the head.

nikatomcfc said:
Javi Garcia was a disgrace today
he is too tall to play with yaya
we need someone like DJ.a quick guy.

there were too much spaces left,when Arsenal attacked us.

Quick and De Jong in the same sentence?

de niro said:
de niro said:
if it ain't broke you don't fix it.

mancini has committed the cardinal sin.

So what are you saying.?

mainly the system. we are a bunch of school kids not knowing what the fuck to do.

the abandonment of Barry is nothing short of suicide.

I wouldn't say he has been abandoned however I can certainly see him being in on Tuesday and next Saturday.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:06 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
de niro said:
if it ain't broke you don't fix it.

mancini has committed the cardinal sin.

So what are you saying.?

mainly the system. we are a bunch of school kids not knowing what the fuck to do.

the abandonment of Barry is nothing short of suicide.

I wouldn't say he has been abandoned however I can certainly see him being in on Tuesday and next Saturday.

summerseat blue said:

clichy m.o.n. your taking the piss

Go on then enlighten me.

Clichy did fuck all wrong today and he has been by far the most consistent this season. He very rarely puts a foot wrong. Rapidly becoming one of my favourite players.

Dzeko was man of the match for me and i don't even like him

Buzzed when Sir Mike Dean around 27 minutes, got caught on camera saying into his mic to his assistants "fuck me, i'm fucked" we even got a cheeky smile when he clocked/was told he'd been rumbled.

Sending off refs for foul and abusive language? whatever next?

Gif would be mint

Average performance for an average start of season : 9 points out of 15.
On the bright side, we're only 4 points behind Chelsea, 3 points behind Manure and
our defense seams to have at last shown some signs of security.

But you really must be blind not to see the obvious problems we are facing since the C.Shield game.

First of all, the overall pressing efficiency of our team has gone downhill.
Most of the time there's barely one or two players pressing up-front.
That's not the way we used to press teams, we used to press all at once ala Barcelona.
Reasons : lazyness, lack of confidence, fear of getting caught out of position ?

Secondly, our deffensive midfield players have shown frightening displays.
Frightening because their composure and global ability with the ball ( something that you can't really adress with time ) is average at most, that's not an improuvement from Barry/Dejong.
Frightening because their workrate, agressivity, interceptions, pace and passing need so much boosting that even the most forgiven suporter would think it won't happen.

Third reason: our passing scheme just as in the Madrid game was sooooo poor.
We were desperatly predictable, that's what made it so easy for the gunners to intercept those miss-paced, un-inspired or miss-timed passes.

Last reason : David Silva.
He is miles away from his best level since last winter.
Fortunatly in between Nasri has stepped up as our most efficient creative midfielder but when he had blinders David didn't prouved himself as the magician he used to be.
What's his average goal chances created per match those days, 2-3 at best ?
That's terribly poor.

And last of all, we are Yaya dependant.
That is a problem Mancini never adressed since last Acon and it got worse to the point that it is not even funy.
As soon as he plays too deep or gets tired/lazy/un-inspired : we struglge to even get close to the opposing's box.
I pray to god that Yaya never gets any serious injury or we are deffinitly screwed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.